• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front case mesh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

I have a chieftec Dragon case and want to cut away some of the front and add some mesh the pic below is from the project logs and is what I want to do but I dont no what it is called or were to get it?

Attachments

• lcdmountedcloseup5gd.th.jpg
    lcdmountedcloseup5gd.th.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
hey thats my case! lol

well i wrote back in my thread but ill say it here too

its called disposable grill topper (great for grilling meats, fish, seafood, and vegtables) i got it from walmart lol, you can find it in the bbq/grill section at walmart, i looked at the camping section but then i asked an employee and they showed me to the outdoors area (theres flowers and outdoor garden stuff) and there was a shelf of bbq grills and that mesh

edit: o btw, its pretty flimsy, if you want stronger stuff (nicer but harder to bend, much harder) you can go to homedepot and get some for 8 bucks for like a 2 foot long sheet, its called expanded steel just ask an employee, but the walmart stuff is only a dollar

Lol got to love it when your own case is used as an example :). Also if you want a different looking mesh. Do a google search on modders mesh. Enjoy

Or search for "perforated metal" or "perforated sheet" at McMaster-Carr and get a lot more of it for a lot cheaper in any shape or size you want. With any pattern you want...well almost any. And out of one of many materials.

^^^ yup, its expanded steel, i dont think youd need a 40"x72" sheet though lol

mnpctech.com or whatever has modders mesh

Wait wait, what did you attach the mesh to the plastic with, regular screws? I might just be blind, but I didn't see anywhere. Chances are I'm blind.

hehe thanx mang

well in the pics i didnt have screws cuz i hadnt painted the mesh yet and i didint wanna go through the trouble of screwing the screws in and unscrewing them to paint. But i use some machine screws i got from home depot (lil baggies came with nuts also) and i just put one screw on the bottom (i left the very bottom part) then 3 along the sides, on the sides the spaces in the mesh are too big so i use some washers so the mesh cant move

ya i was thinking about hot glueing it, but if i wanna take it off for somereason then id have to re glue it and everything

but ya a liquid adhesive would work

ya id like some but i kinda like the way the walmart grill crap looks, but ya if i had the money at the time i woulda bought the modders mesh cuz the real grill is kinda flimsy, actually i just tried it and its not TOO flimsy when its all folded and crap in the bezel so ya, cant beat the cheapness of it (money wise)

i have no idea how ill mount it in my door, i dont really wanna use screws

What is the link to where you did that to your case? I am about to do something similar to mine so I am looking at what others have done. thanks

Back