• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fry's: BARTON 2500+ w/mobo: $75!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JerMe

You read it!! Same price as newegg.com for the Barton chip, but you get the mobo for free (even though it is an ECS) :rolleyes: Great way to start another layer, or just get another computer off the ground.

I'm really tempted to get one myself, but I'm scared that I might get carried away and turn it into another RIG. :D

great deal. some of you need to start buying these for the folders in our midst that don't live anywhere near a Fry's.

Hmmmm, I checked their add this morning and it was $90/$100 up here (forget which exactly, it was around that). I think the prices last until Tuesday, so I might still go get one at that price.

Oh, you're at the Seattle Fry's...I went there once. You can get lost in that place. :eek:

That's a pretty good deal, but I can't afford it...I'll have to keep borging. :D

<threadjack>
Yeah you can. Were you there opening day? 60 cashiers and there was still a huge checkout line :eek:
</threadjack>

I was at Fry's yesterday and picked up one of these combos. I'll be getting another layer going soon. You have to be careful when you buy these combos. The ECS K7VTA3 mobo is pron to having problems and frys will reseal the returns and sell em again. I also picked up a maxtor 60gig 7200 8mb HDD for 43 bucks after rebate along with a few 120 and 92 fans for my new P160 case. I ask theme tp look through thier stock of 2500's for a week 39 or older but the closest they had was week 45 so I did'nt get a unlocked one though others may get lucky. Make sure you ask about the stepping.

UN-FAIR.

At least I picked a good deal at office max this morning. 2 d-link pci wireless cards and 1 d-link laptop wireless card for $60. And that was without rebates.

I'm torn between this Barton and the 2500+ mobile Barton that everyone's been talking about... the girlfriend said she'd get me my pick, as long as I bought her the new TI-84 silver edition (she's an EE major who loves calculators). ;)

Yes, the K7VTA3 mobo is a "?", the 1st one I had died on me on it's 3rd day, but the current one running my Pally 2000+ has been going strong for a few months now.

JerMe said:
I'm torn between this Barton and the 2500+ mobile Barton that everyone's been talking about... the girlfriend said she'd get me my pick, as long as I bought her the new TI-84 silver edition (she's an EE major who loves calculators). ;)

Yes, the K7VTA3 mobo is a "?", the 1st one I had died on me on it's 3rd day, but the current one running my Pally 2000+ has been going strong for a few months now.

Is going to be just a folding rig?

Dude, 5 ECS K7S5A mobos have not let me down yet (been about 2 years). One AK12-A has.

They don't overclock fer ****, but, the price was right, since I wanted them just for folding. ;)

NedClocker said:

Is going to be just a folding rig?

Dude, 5 ECS K7S5A mobos have not let me down yet (been about 2 years). One AK12-A has.

They don't overclock fer ****, but, the price was right, since I wanted them just for folding. ;)

Yep, I've had a couple of K7S5A's, too. =) Same combo deal at Fry's a while back that powered an 1800+ and a 2000+ previous to my current Barton.

It'd totally be a folding rig once I found the extra parts to get it running. PSU & memory for a layer, right? But I know I'll want to know how far I can O/C the chip... then it's all over! :p

Back