• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny NEWEGG reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guy had to splice the wires since the 8-pin CPU line was too short. Here's Gigabyte's response.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 376
Guy had to splice the wires since the 8-pin CPU line was too short. Here's Gigabyte's response.

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

Weird...I have an Antec 300 and afriend just bought a CM Elite 300 (forgot exact model) and both have PSUs mounted on the bottom, and although both were in the sub-$60 range, neither one is flimsy enough that it can't hold a top mounted PSU. I was even using the Antec 300 as a chair the other day, and I'm not exactly light.

LianLi is hardly main stream.

And bottom mounted PSUs are lame UNLESS running rATX format. then by all means bottom mount :)

LianLi is hardly main stream.

And bottom mounted PSUs are lame UNLESS running rATX format. then by all means bottom mount :)

Not to get too far OT in the Newegg thread, but do you have any empirical data or practical experience to backup the claim that the bottom-mount design is somehow inherently inferior?

FWIW, we use the PC-A05N for ~90% of our builds (~75 per year). In terms of noise, dust accumulation, heat transfer efficiency, use of space and workspace ergonomics, this has proven to be one of the best cases we've ever used. The bottom mounted PSU is an integral part of the overall design. Yes, it's not mainstream, but it's a clear example of a bottom mounted PSU design that's, IMHO, clearly superior.

Not to get too far OT in the Newegg thread, but do you have any empirical data or practical experience to backup the claim that the bottom-mount design is somehow inherently inferior?

I never said inferior, I said it was lame. Have to be very careful on PSU selection if you do bottom mount and NOT rATX

Glad you agree that bottom mounted only works really well in rATX!

Time to look for a case that has "standard" top mounting PSU but mounts so high that the CPU power can't reach. Then complain to Gigabyte and be sure to mention many times that the computer case uses "standard" top mounting PSU.

:D

The best thing about rediscovering this thread is realizing that Powmax/LEADMAN is out of business, or that it was at least chased out of the consumer market (hopefully with pitchforks and torches).

Here is one for my Motherboard...

Tech Level: somewhat high
Ownership: 1 day to 1 week
This user purchased this item from Newegg
Rating: 1 Star

"Catastrophe

Pros: The cmos reset button is very handy. I should know, I had to use it multiple times.

Cons: I was building a new rig using a Zalman 1000 watt PSU, 4GB of Corsair dominator RAM, an AMD Phenom II X4, and a BFG 9800 GX2 GPU. My first problem was that the board powered on, but wouldn't post. After a few hours of research, I deduced that the problem was that the BIOS didn't recognize the Phenom, so I spent some extra scratch buying a low end AMD CPU that would allow the board to post so that I could flash the BIOS. After updating the BIOS, voila, the board posted, and I was able to install the operating system. But that wasn't the end of my problems. When I installed the GX2, there was no video output. I checked and double-checked the BIOS settings, to no avail. The system posted, Windows loaded, (I could hear but not see it), but no video output. After changing the BIOS settings to onboard GPU always on so that I could see if the system was detecting the card (any time I exited the BIOS it caused a hang on restart by the way), it died. It won't even power on. I'm beyond disgusted

Other Thoughts: This board is overpriced to begin with, and the fact that I had to spend extra cash just to get it to post and it died shortly thereafter only adds insult to injury. My advice: steer well clear."

What a tool. Mine is running perfectly fine. :cool:

So just because your board is running ok and his wasn't makes him a tool :screwy:

I wasn't aware motherboard manufacturers had a 100% success rate on every board they make without a single failure :D

Back