• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny NEWEGG reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Necromancy!

Not a review, but an item description:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145420
The Ultrastar A7K2000 also features HGST, a Western Digital company-patented Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) sensor technology, which optimizes drive reliability in multi-drive RAID arrays and rack-mounted systems.
I'm pretty sure HGST is Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, not a WD-patented RVS.

APEVIA ATX-CB700W 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - OEM

Pros: The label is made of high quality gloss sticker paper.

Cons: Dirty power, randomly fails, and makes kittens cry. When it decides it wants to work.

Other Thoughts: Yeah, no.... Don't do it.

Pros: It turns on. When it wants.

Cons: I got the thing, it came dented on the side, not even in a proper box at all. Just a regular Newegg box along with a burnt out power cord to accompany the thing.

Haven't had a job in over a year, it was a gift, so I was just finally happy to get my system back up and running again. Sort of like how a man stuck on a desert island doesn't mind eating rotten fruit because it's the only thing there to keep him alive.

Now it makes a horridly loud whirring noise any time I do anything that involves my videocard. Be it gaming or just watching a movie. I've swapped out my GTX260 with a cruddy Radeon HD 2400XT and it still went absolutely insane during anything involving remote use of a video card.

I also apparently can't use a word that starts with a c and ends with a rappy to describe the product's actual worth. However I can tell you it's benign, useless, garbage, throw away, low quality, and an absolute and total waste of your money if you need to use this product; the technology is cheap and brittle, and doesn't play nice with anything when it has to actually function.

Imagine. They could have escaped that long scathing blow to their product line if I could have only use the world that starts with a c and ends with rappy.

Other Thoughts: I won't be buying another Apevia product again. I buy them/get them when I'm in absolute bind and just use them as a band-aid until I can get something with better bang if a part goes out.

It's just a joke.

Last edited:
What cracks me up about newegg reviews is the memory reviews. You always get some bozo who give give himself a 4-5 tech level and then one eggs the memory because it post at 1333 instead of 1600(or higher).
Me thinks you think to highly of yourself.................

What cracks me up about newegg reviews is the memory reviews. You always get some bozo who give give himself a 4-5 tech level and then one eggs the memory because it post at 1333 instead of 1600(or higher).
Me thinks you think to highly of yourself.................

Yeah, I noticed that as well. What also makes me laugh are the ones with the 4/5 tech level complaining about OEM parts not coming with heatsinks, cables, etc. I mean, you'd think by that point they'd realize what ordering OEM meant, or at the very least knew how to read the description.

EDIT: Oh, and here's another one - people giving them 4/5 tech ratings and then giving HDDs 1 or 2 egg reviews because the formatted capacity is lower than the stated drive capacity.

Last edited:
I found one

Toxic for the environment
Pros: I don't care.

Cons: According to the packaging, this TIM is very toxic for the aquatic environment. It needs to be disposed as hazardous material which is a hassle to say the least, and unfortunately this is something most users probably will not do. I would have liked to be warned about this before, so I would have not bought this product.

Other Thoughts: I think it very irresponsible from Arctic to sell such a toxic product.

(this was taken directly from here I found it very funny also his "tech level" is very high.

I found one

Toxic for the environment
Pros: I don't care.

Cons: According to the packaging, this TIM is very toxic for the aquatic environment. It needs to be disposed as hazardous material which is a hassle to say the least, and unfortunately this is something most users probably will not do. I would have liked to be warned about this before, so I would have not bought this product.

Other Thoughts: I think it very irresponsible from Arctic to sell such a toxic product.

(this was taken directly from here I found it very funny also his "tech level" is very high.

ROFL, funny thing is going by the reviews on that page it is rated as the most helpful review of them all for that product.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167126

3/5 eggs - It Reads Minds
Pros: This thing has 2 GIGABYTE PER SECOND. If that doesn't make you lactate from your nips, I don't know what will. I came home one day, about a week after buying it. I walked in the room and thought, "Hmm, I'm going to start my computer then play some Minecraft." Before I had time to even finish the thought, my computer turned on. Windows was done in no time at all. If I had a stopwatch, it would have to go into negative time to actually get an accurate rating. That's not all though... When it actually got to Windows Vista, I saw myself enter the room. This SSD actually created a paradox. If that isn't trippier than a homeless man with schizophrenia on mushrooms, than nothing is.

Cons: Not really of a con, but it's too fast. The power button on my computer is starting ti grow mold because it hasn't been used in forever. When I say this reads your mind, it reads your mind. Price might also be an issue. I had to sell my child to an Ugandan Child Army to get this. But it was worth it. My 5 year old can't read minds and boot Windows at the speed of light.

Other Thoughts: You wanted a new house? This is more important than shelter.
You wanted a new cra? This is faster than a car.
You wnated to save money for your girlfriend? Computers are more important.
There is no good reason NOT to get this.
Stop being a poor wimp. Buy it.

--From amazon but also funny--
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047E0EII/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167126

3/5 eggs - It Reads Minds
Pros: This thing has 2 GIGABYTE PER SECOND. If that doesn't make you lactate from your nips, I don't know what will. I came home one day, about a week after buying it. I walked in the room and thought, "Hmm, I'm going to start my computer then play some Minecraft." Before I had time to even finish the thought, my computer turned on. Windows was done in no time at all. If I had a stopwatch, it would have to go into negative time to actually get an accurate rating. That's not all though... When it actually got to Windows Vista, I saw myself enter the room. This SSD actually created a paradox. If that isn't trippier than a homeless man with schizophrenia on mushrooms, than nothing is.

Cons: Not really of a con, but it's too fast. The power button on my computer is starting ti grow mold because it hasn't been used in forever. When I say this reads your mind, it reads your mind. Price might also be an issue. I had to sell my child to an Ugandan Child Army to get this. But it was worth it. My 5 year old can't read minds and boot Windows at the speed of light.

Other Thoughts: You wanted a new house? This is more important than shelter.
You wanted a new cra? This is faster than a car.
You wnated to save money for your girlfriend? Computers are more important.
There is no good reason NOT to get this.
Stop being a poor wimp. Buy it.

I don't know if I need a new cra, but now I want one.

Both reviews for this item are pretty funny, made me laugh anyway.

Rul3r0fChairs
6/17/2011 1:15:46 AM
Tech Level: Somewhat High
Ownership: 1 month to 1 year

5 out of 5 eggsSimply Amazing

Pros: It is literally like sitting on a cloud, besides the outrageous price this is a BEYOND comfy chair. Before on my old chair my back would ache, my rear would be sore and my arms on the arm rest would be irritated, this chair ELIMINATES all these cases its freaking amazing. I'm typing this review while sitting in this chair and its literally like a memory foam mattress. If you intend to professionally sit down i highly recommend this chair. There have been numerous times where i in fact actually preferred to sleep on this chair rather than sleep on my bed, which is literally 5 feet away from me. A good analogy of this chair is like lord of the rings, one ring to rule them all, this chair is the chair to rule them all with NO side effects. Its also a compliment to brag about your 600 dollar chair and girls LOVE this chair, i have had numerous girls come to my house just to sit on my chair, this chair is amazing, if it was possible i would never leave this chair<33

Cons: -Sold my ps3 and alienware monitor for this chair
-No built in Toilet
-Lost all my friends because i rather sit down on this chair than go out and play sports
-I sat on this chair for so long i forgot how to stand
-I had numerous interventions in which people believe i have an addiction sitting down
-The chair has taken over my humanity, not by force, but because i let it

They call me Pookie
2/15/2012 11:43:21 AM
Tech Level: Somewhat High
Ownership: more than 1 year

5 out of 5 eggsSimply too Amazing

Pros: I became a professional World Sitting Champion. It was still painful, but the feeling of this amazingly wonderful chair made all pains worth it. Catheters only hurt for a little while, but the chair will feel good forever. Its been almost one year since I got this chair, its also been one year since I was last standing on my feet. If I need to go anywhere, I roll. If I ever need to make a public appearance, I cancel. This chair rules, I once had a humpback, and I was always referred to as Quazzi-Modo. Now, just like in the lord of the rings..., I evens forgots our own name...we wept. No one knows my name, for in the desert there ain't no one for to give you no name. As for the price, I find it extremely acceptable. The chair pays for itself five times over each year you own it, because you don't do anything.

Cons: The only con is, that the review before mine is better. He describes the true love you build for this chair so much better. I did have to sacrifice all odds of me ever having children to get this chair, but I still have one half functioning test....oh my "creator" I have a test today!!! (your not allowed to type the word dog backwards on this site)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4&Tpk=Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2&IsVirtualParent=1

Pros: * Price
* 4 bays

Cons: * Slower than turtles copulating. Sometimes I pull out a chisel and a stone tablet just to see if I can record 1s and 0s faster than this enclosure. I'm not saying I'm undefeated, but I would definitely qualify for the playoffs.
* Despite what the description says, this enclosure is NOT actually USB 3 for many (most?) users. The USB3 connection only works for _some_ motherboards and only with _some_ drive configurations. This is a known bug with no planned resolution
* Reliability seems to be junk. After 4mos of use, the fan in mine is dead. That's hardly a good sign from a piece of hardware that is used to protect against data loss due to mechanical failure.

Other Thoughts: Apparently, you get what you pay for.

Back