• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX8350 NH-D14 high temps!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry i misread what you wrote, i shall set it to 1.2 again.
I put one 80mm on the back of the socket sucking the hot air out and on pushing air onto the vrms and socket at the front but i took them out because i thought they were one of the reasons why it wasnt passing prime should k put them back on they did drop temps by 5-7c

Definately put them back you need the added cooling.

will do, just gotta try find some more zippy ties now :)
and it might be easier if you want to talk on skype or some other IM so we don't have to keep talking in forums, might make it easier on the both of us?

Last edited:
No go , like I said I'm at work. The forum is a good spot since your answer may help someone else.

okay yeah, i just thought maybe skype would be easier! :) but your right this forum might help someone else out in the long run, but i since putting the fans in my temps have dropped about 10c its maxing out on socket at 56c after 10 mins...
lets see what the next 10 mins bring :D

So does that mean you're back to where you started before the ram swap. 4.3 and all running??? Either way I'll be in and out I'll check back

So does that mean you're back to where you started before the ram swap. 4.3 and all running??? Either way I'll be in and out I'll check back

yep, everything is running sweet, what voltage and clock do you recommend going to next? 4.4 or 4.5?
and what voltage?
(sorry for the noob questions)

You seem to be getting the hang of it blozz. Just go in small steps. Raise the multi by .5 and test, if it fails add more voltage 1 tick at a time till it passes or you reach your thermal limits of 70 socket 62 core.

sweet, well i thought i'd ask beforehand, but thanks so much Johan! you're a legend!
I'll probably be going to bed now as its 1am
but ill let you know what clocks i get to tomorrow morning when i wake up!
peace!

sweet, well i thought i'd ask beforehand, but thanks so much Johan! you're a legend!
I'll probably be going to bed now as its 1am
but ill let you know what clocks i get to tomorrow morning when i wake up!
peace!

Just poke around a bit you'll get the hang of it. Just don't try to go too far too fast. Like aiming straight for 4.5 and just guessing at volyages doesn't work so well. A little bit at a time is the best approach, 4.3> 4.35 test and proceed>4.4 test and go from there. Follw that advice and you won't break anything and your OC'ing will be more time effective.

Told you those fans were a good idea :thup:

Glad to see some nice temp drops and some stability in this thread :D

Told you those fans were a good idea :thup:

Glad to see some nice temp drops and some stability in this thread :D

Agree! :bday:

Took a few tries, but he got it worked out. Just kinda makes you wonder how many people have this type of issue out there.

@op,

Nice job Blozz.

Curious about this

I got it in a kit of 2....
Dual channel 1866 ram.
And im testing it now

What exactly are the specs to these ram sticks?

Probably get em' running 1000mhz effective with little effort....

ummm, i have no idea shrimp! :( on the back of the packet they say F3-14900CL10D-16gbXL DDR3-1866 8192x 2 CL10-11-10-30

That RAM should be set at 1866MHz (933MHz in CPU-z) with 10-11-10 30 timings at 1.5V.

yep its on 933 in cpu-z but its at 9-10-9- (tRAS 28 and tRC at 37)

yep its on 933 in cpu-z but its at 9-10-9- (tRAS 28 and tRC at 37)

So the memory timings are all on auto?? If so and this is stable, leave it and run it. You could try bumping them to 1000mhz and do a little stability testing and see how it goes. The faster they are at Cas 9 the better.

sorry no, i have the ram set manually to 1866 in bios, and guys im happy to say im sitting on 4.7ghz stable at 64c max socket on 1.445v
so im pretty happy, not sure whether i should just stick to 4.7 or try 4.8 and see what temps im getting :)

ill give it a go, but if its above 67-68c max ill just drop back to 4.7ghz, just to have that 5c safe zone :)

guys, i finally got my Signature set up, apparently there was a sign up error but it was fixed by one of the admins :D yay

Back