• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX8350 NH-D14 high temps!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
okay will try change the fans around, but its deffenately not a wrong volume of thermal paste. its the one that comes preinstalled on the h110 (and all the other corsair liquid cooling kits.) i tightened it up as much as i could as well, so its not that..
ill have to switch the fans around -.-
it was so much fun putting them in, in the first place -____-

Nothings easy, and your learning. That's the meal ticket.

I'm hoping this does the trick. Typically a guy would wipe that stock thermal paste off and use something that has better conductivity. There are diamond pastes and silver pastes and so on.

Like I said, a lot to cooling.

But even with a custom water loop, you'll find guys cooling them VRM areas. This air flow also plays a hand in cooling the socket area which happens to be the Cpu temp in HWmonitor. You'll hit 2 birds with one stone.

Curious, is TMPIN2 pinnined 128c all the time? If it remains that way, don't be alarmed. We'll concentrate more on the Cpu temp in that case.

it is pinned at 128c the whole time, i tried putting the 120mm fan in there but it would not stay, i will buy a small fan off the internet to put on there, if you could find me one that would suit that would be fantastic!
switching the 140mm's on the h110 has dropped the socket and core temps by about 4-5c which is quite a bit. im running prime 95 to test it, also i had to drop my oc to 4.3 because i kept getting errors when i booted saying overclock failed :/
i will keep you posted in about 20-25 mins when i stop the prime 95 blend test,
thank you so much Shrimp!

hit 61c on socket after 25 mins and 45c on package at 4.3
what do you guys guy recommend trying next? to up the volts and get to 4.4 or try 4.5 and up the volts?

28btmp5.png.jpg
these are the temps im getting from AMD overdrive Stability test (figured i'd try it out because some people are saying Prime95 uses more voltage then it is allocated or something) and the temps here are the temps i had for the whole 25 min test.

If you intend on gaming and not doing any real work with your system AOD is probably good enough. You are correct that P95 will use more voltage, it's a lot more demanding on the CPU. I just did a stability test on my 9370 at 4.8G I could get it to run 20 minutes of prime at 1.428v. But my final test to go 2.5 hrs with heaven benchmark looping at the same time took 1.476v ( Here's a link to the screen shot), now I'm fairly certain that I'll be able to run Fold at Home for 10 days straight 24/7 in the upcoming Chimp Challenge and not have a single failure in that time. But to each their own.
Your temps look Okay but I have to ask about that 2.424 v reading in HWMonitor. Is that the first time you have seen that?? That seems odd to me. I haven't seen HWMonitor do that before. What power supply are you using??
I have to ask since you refuse to put up a sig listing your parts.
Have you set any of the LLC values in bios or is it on auto??

Just letting you know, I CANT SET A SIGNATURE, i dont have the option so stop telling me to make one when i have tried, ive even put a message into overclockers support and im still waiting for a reply. I have an antec hcg-750watt modular psu

just updated Bios from 1983( or something similar) to 2103 and it dropped the temp by a few degrees, i wonder if there is a micro code on the cpu that would need an update?

Personally it just seems you're obsessed with getting somewhere for what goal in mind ????

There is a reason you need to over ramp that thing past a certain point to attain what ????

I know it's an over clockers forum and all and what the people here do but you seem a bit obsessive about a few things and aren't really listening to much advice in many circumstances.

:popcorn:

Personally it just seems you're obsessed with getting somewhere for what goal in mind ????

There is a reason you need to over ramp that thing past a certain point to attain what ????

I know it's an over clockers forum and all and what the people here do but you seem a bit obsessive about a few things and aren't really listening to much advice in many circumstances.

:popcorn:

please explain? what am i obssesed about? i just want a decent stable overclock? :s:facepalm:

"Temps: Monitor package temps, and core temps should not be more than 10*C more. Max package temp is 62*C, max core temp is 71*C. Your board may need fans on the VRM heatsink to run that high with any sort of stability, adding some 80mm fans on top of my sabertooth R2.0 dropped my package temps by almost 10*C. " copied from another forum website (hard forums) do you guys think that its worth getting 2 80mm fans and putting them ontop of the VRMS?

"Temps: Monitor package temps, and core temps should not be more than 10*C more. Max package temp is 62*C, max core temp is 71*C. Your board may need fans on the VRM heatsink to run that high with any sort of stability, adding some 80mm fans on top of my sabertooth R2.0 dropped my package temps by almost 10*C. " copied from another forum website (hard forums) do you guys think that its worth getting 2 80mm fans and putting them ontop of the VRMS?

That's what the guys meant by a "small fan on the VRM/socket"

so it would be worth doing? and sorry for being such a clueless noob, but i really don't know much about overclocking or cooling cpu's for that matter....

so it would be worth doing? and sorry for being such a clueless noob, but i really don't know much about overclocking or cooling cpu's for that matter....

Having trouble with temps and OC stability? Definitely sounds like a good idea. Put one blowing air onto the VRM section, and get one pulling air off the back of the socket.

wouldn't the one blowing the air off the socket be blowing right into the side of the case? which on the right side of my case there is no side window/breather holes.
but if that will work for me i will go right away! (well as soon as i can be bother getting up) down to my local PC shop to buy 2 80mm's... and would it be easier to run them by getting a 2 to 1 chassis fan splitter or a molex to 2 chassis fan splitter? :)

I would just run them off of molex, personally.

Just the fact that there's air moving behind the socket will help.

I would just run them off of molex, personally.

Just the fact that there's air moving behind the socket will help.

thank you very much ATM! you've been an amazing help! i will go out and get some 80mm fans, how would you recommend mounting them?
so if i need to pick something up (e.g. Zip ties) on the way home i can :)

Zip ties or velcro would be good.
Velcro can help minimize vibrations, but depending on the location, can be more difficult to use.

Back