• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX8350 NH-D14 high temps!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Zip ties or velcro would be good.
Velcro can help minimize vibrations, but depending on the location, can be more difficult to use.

im putting the fans in now, not quite sure how i'll go but ill try my best :p:popcorn:

alright guys, i put the fans in, and now when i run aida64 (decided to test something else apart from prime 95) and im getting 48c socket and 39c package to load.
its been 7 minutes but im thinking it wont get too much higher :)
i also bought some G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb because i though it'd be better having a lot of programs running, gaming and having chrome open with alot of tabs on another screen (that's just how i play my games :p)
well thanks guys i think i've gotten my temps down enough to overclock to about 4.5-4.6..
<3 love you all

devistating news friends, my cpu at 4.3ghz and 1.4v stopped all workers, so i thought hmmm, up voltage to 1.425 and up to 4.4ghz? no dice, still saying workers stopped ;(

if anyone is online please help me out! i would really like to have my cores stable, i think it is the ram i added in..... for some reason once i added in the ram the cores stopped working at 4.3ghz which was stable beforehand :/

Well you've put 16 gig in which is harder for the CPUs IMC to balance. So you'll more than likely need to up the CPU-NB voltage a bit also set the ram about .05-.1v over it's recommended voltage. Then take some pics of the CPU-z memory and spd tabs and post them up so we can see what's going on.

Start by setting your ram back to 1600 insted of 1866. And follow the timings under the XMP-1600 setting and set them manually in the bios. That is most likely the issue , you've got the ram on auto and OC'd

no its set on manual at 1866, so im pretty sure its not overclocked...

Okay the XMP just doesn't list a setting for 1866. Just looked it up and it says 9-10-9-28 for timings and set the volts to 1.55v minimum even 1.57 see if that helps.

so i set the volts 1.57 on the ram? but what do you mean by timings? is that something i change or is that the speed of my ram already? :s

No luck :( **** why does everything that xould possibly go wrog happen to me.
Wow :(

Okay in the Ai tweaker section where you change voltage there will be a header called Dram timings open it you'll see all the timings the ram is currently set at. Starting form the top where you see the 11-11-11-28 and 46 will be about midway down change them to 9-10-9-28- and 37 at the very bottom set that to 2t.
For future reference if you're going to buy 4 stick of ram get them in a kit of 4 like this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231456
This kit is meant to work together, that doesn't mean that yours won't but it may take a bit more tweaking.

I got it in a kit of 2....
Dual channel 1866 ram.
And im testing it now

some good news and some bad news for ya, good news, the prime 95 test has been stable for 7 minutes (looks like a good sign!) bad news, now my socket temp is back up to 60c :(

Do you have the CPU-NB voltage and LLC on auto or manual setting??? LLc in particular should be set to regular or high and the voltage for CPU_NB say at 1.2-1.225v depending on your LLC setting.

will check now, ill reply on my phone
just give me like 30 secs

Is that now or it was set that way. Also set the CPU LLC the same. I wanna see if this will help your temps at all. If the NB was on auto the bios may be pumping it up without need which can yave a big impact on temps. I'm going to be busy for about a half hour or so. I am at work.

Thats the way they were, so i should turn cpu/nb voltage back to auto?

Sorry i misread what you wrote, i shall set it to 1.2 again.
I put one 80mm on the back of the socket sucking the hot air out and on pushing air onto the vrms and socket at the front but i took them out because i thought they were one of the reasons why it wasnt passing prime should k put them back on they did drop temps by 5-7c

Back