• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED GA-Z77X-UD5H New Build - No BIOS Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cbankston

I completed a new build with all new components. When I power on, the Gigabyte startup screen appears, but DEL, F9, F12 and End have no effect. Debug code is 62 while startup (splash) screen is displayed. CTRL-ALT-DEL goes back to a black screen, sometimes with AE debug code, or cycles through black back to the splash screen. I tried different keyboards, one new and 2 old, plugged into either rear USB-2 port or either front USB-3 port. I don't know which BIOS version I have, since I can't get into BIOS setup; but the MB was just purchased. How can I get into setup?

System Specs:
MB: GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU: Intel i7-3770
PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750-M
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB - attached to SATA3-0 (to be used as boot)
HD: WD Caviar Black 1TB - attached to SATA3-1
HD: WD Caviar Black 1TB - attached to GSATA3-6
OD: Lite-On DVD RW - attached to SATA2-2
RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600 8GB X 2 (KHX1600C10D3B1K2/16G)- in slots 1 & 2
GPU: MSI N660-TI PE 2GD5/OC
Case: Corsair Carbide 500R
Cooler: Corsair H100
Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp - attached to MB VGA port (also used MB or GPU DVI-D)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 USB (also tried a friend's keyboard of another brand and an old Dell) - in rear USB2 or front USB3
Mouse: Logitech USB - in rear USB2

I think you'll need at least BIOS revision F8 in order for the BIOS to recognize your USB keyboard. In the meantime use a USB to PS2 adapter, and plug the keyboard into the PS2 port.

I think you'll need at least BIOS revision F8 in order for the BIOS to recognize your USB keyboard. In the meantime use a USB to PS2 adapter, and plug the keyboard into the PS2 port.

I had to buy the new USB keyboard instead of using my old PS2 since that motherboard has no PS2 port.

So hitting the Delete key repeatedly during POST does nothing?
Correct. None of the key options on the Gigabyte startup (splash) screen has any effect. So far, only CTRL-ALT-DEL does anything, and that gives only a black screen.

Well if hitting the Delete key or any of the F-keys have no effect, and assuming you hit the F Lock key prior to any of the F-keys during POST, then I would RMA the board.

Problem solved! After I removed the GPU I was able to start BIOS setup, update the BIOS with QFlash, and install Windows. I reinstalled the GPU, and the computer is functioning normally now.

Back