• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ge Force 3 mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fragger56

well i pulled out my old ge force 3 ti200 recently and had a look at it, it has this ****ty little heatsink on it( i think a coulple of ramsinks w/ no fan would do better than this and it has a fan!)
and wanted to oc it.
well after a while i decided to grab a couple of ramsinks and a copper 1u heatsink(cool jag jac317c) and mounted a 60x60x38mm delta screamer on it. which is definately overkill but this setup is eventually gonna be transfered to my next card whenever i get it.
the HS is attached with as epoxy, the ramsinks with 3M thermal tape and the fan is at 7v(i would go deaf if it was at 12v) now all i need to do is oc the thing and see how far it will go:D
now i would put up some pics but i dont know how to resize my pics from 4000+x6000+(5megapixel camera) without using photoshop.
are there any programs i could use to resize them?
thx
BTW this is my first mod/project i hope i can goe a decent oc outta this thing!

Use MSPaint to resize the pics to 800x600

On the toolbar, select Image, Stretch/skew and enter 20% for the two top boxes. Attach 'em and let us see your wonderful work :)

thanks.
now all thats holding me back is the fact that i used the 50%as5 50% epoxy mix and it turned out to be too weak and the HS came off(luckily it was in my hand). as soon as the new mix (75%epoxy 25% as5) dries ill take some pics and put them up.

finally the epoxy has dried and the pictures taken:D
so whaddaya think?
the origional HS

Attachments

• origional hs.jpg
    origional hs.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 169
another(i cant seem to figure out how to put more than one pic per post)

Attachments

• origional hs2.jpg
    origional hs2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 166
fragger56 said:
finally the epoxy has dried and the pictures taken:D
so whaddaya think?
the origional HS

My brother has the Winfast Ti200 card. The heatsink is ok, not great, though. I can't wait to see how yours looks. Putting on a new heatsink is a great mod that can be done pretty quickly and really helps out when you are overclocking. Even applying as3 instead of the junk they have on it helps. Lets see it.

Matt

and another (goddamn 640x640 size restriction how in the hell do you post up high rez pics like 1280x1024 like ive seen before?)

Attachments

• modded hs2.jpg
    modded hs2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 160
i know you must think this is overkill but it will eventually get moved to a gf4or better or a 9800

Here is my old GF3 Ti200...a Leadtek also...this was in my system since the 2nd week the Ti200's came out...and was modded like this the 3rd day I had it...was able to OC to 535/445 after modding it...I finally retired it when I got the 9800 Pro last month...

DCP02041.JPG

DCP02042.JPG

Its a old cyrix heatsink with a YS Tech 60mm fan...still runs today...but the YS Tech fan has been modded to my Silencer...I know its not much to look at...but it scored almost 11K in 01...10,977 to be exact...

nice fan on that lol :D @ fragger56!

looks like a nice mod man! though, from the top view, the HS or.. atleast the fan is hanging over the gold-ish connecting pin-thingies... does it still fit in the agp slot? :p or is only the fan a bit crooked?

glock, your piccies look pretty cool too, good fan if its still running now methinks :)

That's the same fan that I modded to my VGA Silencer last week...a few hours after getting it in the mail...couldnt stand that whimpy fan that comes with the VGA Silencers...

Oh yea...that whimpy switch on the back of the VGA's..CAN NOT handle a YS Tech 60mm fan...unlike I was told by quite a few people...the switch lasted about a great big 3 to 5 minutes before it fried...just glad the YS Tech has a higher pitch then my 92mm Tornado or I wouldnt of known the switch died and I would of killed my 9800 Pro...

VGA Mod Thread

the 1u heatsink is actually rectangular and clears the pins by atleast a cm, the fan bracket then sticks out over the heatsink by about 1-2 cm before it bends back out to allow you to screw the fan on so it clears the agp slot. it looks kinda like this.

|________________|
---\___________/
---|||||||||||||
------this is the HS
the ---'s are so it looks right

the HS is thinner on one side and the fan and is the same width as the fan on the other

glock19owner how did you get youre oc that high, my core wont even get past 260? or was that just a typo?

glock19owner you wouldnt have vmodded it would you cause i find those numbers kinda high.
i would be very thankful if you could tell me how you got youre core and ram mhz so high.

Back