• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce 4 Ti4600 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RX 7 Playboy

Registered
I just got a Gforce TI 4600 Vision Tek graphics card. When i start up the computer there are crappy lines like other colors in it or something going across my screen vertically. It stays this way the whole time. I put the card in my friends computer and it worked fine no problems or anything. Please someone help me.

Did you remove your old video card drivers ?(especially if your old card was an ATI product)

Try reinstalling the drivers, perhaps it may help

Yeah I uninstalled the other drivers and it finds the drivers for the new one and all but when i first turn my computer on i see these patches of images or something in veritical lines across my screen. I think that it may be a loose connection but no matter how hard i push that card in it won't work right. I have tried screwing it in and leaving it unscrewed. please someone help me i am gettin very angry with this thing.

RMA it...you probably just got a defective card...every place that sells something retail should take it back and replace it for free, if they don't contact the better buisness bureau....

well that is what i thought that it was to begin with but i installed it on my friends computer and it works fine.. It just seems that it is not connected correctly know what i mean. Like it is loose or something but i don't know.

hmm maybe scrub your OS and rebuild from scratch...i assume you've had other video cards in that system work fine...just this one correct?

maybe try cleaing the contacts with rubbintg alchohal as well?

Try updateing your mother board's bios also...sometimes that seems to do the trick when goofy things like this occur. Its a long shot but it could solve your problem. Always good to have the newest mobo bios anyways...solves lots of known issues that you might never have noticed.

Back