• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD6 or Asus P7P55D Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I couldn't decide which to get either the Asus Maximus III Formula or EVGA FTW so I got both. After review I will sell one of them in classifieds. :)

I still don't understand why anyone would buy an i5 combo when an i7 1366 combo is nearly the same price.
I would wait to purchase i5... it's GOTTA come down in price b/c it's almost competing with i7 1366...

I heard that the prices on Lynnfield CPU's are going to be slashed big time, and quite soon.

Good to hear , how soon is soon, weeks, days ;) ?

That does sound like good news, while i don't have much interest in these cpus, still need to grab one for P55 dual channel memory test/reviews hehe. Will be fun batch hunting again LOL

Eva, shoot me a PM when you have your review up will ya, I just love your reviews :)

I still don't understand why anyone would buy an i5 combo when an i7 1366 combo is nearly the same price.
I would wait to purchase i5... it's GOTTA come down in price b/c it's almost competing with i7 1366...

I can build an i5 system for $200 less than an i7 system.

I'm seeing that now... not at launch. :)

cost me about the same as my 920 when i built it. though that is how i compare things, not to current pricing. i think im the oddball on this one.. still i look forward to playing with 3 P55 boards and a 860 this weekend.

Back