• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigaram TCCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
g0dM@n said:
If we never took chances we'd never have good OCing parts... right? :) I went through 4 sets of TwinMOS (UTT) 2x512 until I found ones I liked. The funny thing is that I'm replacing my current TwinMOS UTT with OCZ VX GOLD PC4000. :)

Well, there is the philosophy of sit back and watch other people make all the mistakes and then jump in and only buy the components that have proven to be good. Nay, take all the adventure out of it.

reddywing1 said:
Just requested a refund RMA for my brand new PC3700 POS Gigaram.

That is about a $40.00 error in judgement right there. Oh,well. There was a chance it could have worked out.

Why don't you try emailing them and tell them they had the wrong specs when you bought it (2.5v). They might wave the restock fee.

Last edited:
g0dM@n said:
How often are they good? Are most of them good?

Well you know you're getting 250 @ 2-2-2-8 3.3v minimum, as to how well yours do, it's a case by case basis. Mine tend to be good sticks, i can do 260 1.5-2-2-5 3.2v, not sure all can do that...

Didn't mean to threadjack :p This was one thing i knew i was gonna sit on before i bought, i would ussually put the money up to be a tester, but i had/have a bad feeling on these, i hope i'm wrong.

they're either pricing the 2*512 kit with the 2*256 kit price, or it's a 256*2 kit with the wrong description.

Yeah, someone else mentioned the same thing on XS forums. Anytime you see a VERY CHEAP price and the item is out of stock that means that the price was listed wrong and they labeled it "out of stock." Usually one or two people got lucky with the price before they caught on. The cool thing about newegg is that they won't email you and tell you that you were charged wrong. They will honor it, and then just put it out of stock, so that no one else can get it at that price.

I once bought a Fortron FSP530 at regular price, and then a few days later saw it listed for $21.99 + $7.99 shipping. I ended up buying that as well. :) I listed it here on the forums, and within an hour or so it was listed as out of stock before people could jump on it. I wish I had bought more. Anytime you see a misprice that is in stock I suggest you jump on it before asking questions. After putting in your order then go asking around if it's legit and whatnot, and, worst case scenario, if it's not good you can just go ahead and cancel your order (just do everything promptly).

Back on topic: any updates? Also, someone here said he was getting charged $40 for restocking fee. DUDE, this is newegg we're talking about. Tell them it wasn't within specs and they'll wave the restocking fee at NO HASSLE! They do that for me ALL the time.

Hey guys, I ran the comp while I was at school. The gigaram sticks were in running at stock, except voltage because my mobo volt mod is being wierd(they were at 2.6v rather than 2.5v)

I tried using the computer to check on this topic's progress, it crashed instantly. There was nothing running all day except folding. I think I will have to RMA.

You said they might wave the fee if you tell them, do I have to e-mail them the problem or just list it under the reason for RMA?

Call them. That's what I do. I have the number memerized, lol.

909-395-9046
800-390-1119

Just have your order# ready.

frenzy20 said:
Hey guys, I ran the comp while I was at school. The gigaram sticks were in running at stock, except voltage because my mobo volt mod is being wierd(they were at 2.6v rather than 2.5v)

I tried using the computer to check on this topic's progress, it crashed instantly. There was nothing running all day except folding. I think I will have to RMA.

You said they might wave the fee if you tell them, do I have to e-mail them the problem or just list it under the reason for RMA?
dang sorry to hear about that,could be other issues tho if it was folding and then just crashed opening a browser.
but with the issues and also they dont oc well at all id do the same.

did you peek under the spreaders or slip one off yet?

btw what happened to the guy buying the 3700?

Sending back the PC3700. Trying to get a full refund. I am still curious if anyone will have any luck with this Gigaram brand. Sure seems like junk so far.

mista ting said:
i dont get that to, 2GB wont do squat unless you do graphic design or w/e wich uses alot of ram... 1gb is all a gamer needs :santa:
Unless that gamer is playing a game like EQ2. I've been playing with 4x512 and 2x1024 set-ups for a couple of weeks now and I can tell the difference. I never hear the the hard drive get busy or get any choppiness on any map, and overall game play is smoother. Is it worth it? Certainly not, even for most playing EQ2. But if you're curious about just how well this game can run, are willing to spend a few dollars, and trade off a little OC or ironcially enough memory bandwidth, (4x512mb requires 2T and 2x1024 has mediorce OC and trouble with dividers) and are are just a little bit (ok a lotta bit) nutty, it can be a fun project. :)

98% of the OC'ers/Gamers should wait around a while and cheap DDR2, better memory controllers and more games will take advantage of 2gigs.

Oh - BTW, I run 2gig (2x1024 set I rejected for my gaming rig) on my Intel P4 2.4 at 3.2ghz (5:4) and its has a better seat of the pants feel than the 2x512 Hynix that ran 270 at 1:1. Not sure if its "worth it" but I like it.

@reefer: Its not a sickness, its a calling. :p

reddywing1 said:
Sending back the PC3700. Trying to get a full refund. I am still curious if anyone will have any luck with this Gigaram brand. Sure seems like junk so far.
ty for the update,i just read it all and went backwards threw your posts.

man that sux $179 for crap! it had such potential too.
wont pass memtest at rated specs=rma in my book.

i wouldnt suggest anyone try this at any other retailer besides newegg as they would probably have a fight on their hands.

BTW Ty for biting the bullet for the team!

This sounds like a case of something sounding too good to be true and sure enough it isn't true. Tough luck. It sure did look like a deal.

Yeah, this reminds me of when a bunch of us bought the Buffalo Tech PC3700 with the Micron chips used in the OCZ EB series. We were all hoping to pull a jewel out of the bag, and instead, ended up with major headaches. Eva2000 purchased 4 sticks and then returned them for RMA and to this day has yet to receive his refund. He was out $450-$480 or so, maybe more with shipping to and from Australia. In that light, the $40 while not being pennies, certainly pales when compared to his loss.

In my case I ended up swapping the sticks for another product and in effect bought some very high priced Hynix bt-d43.

The price we pay to the overclocking gods while we search for those "Golden" sticks.

This can be an expensive hobby guys, but then, I'm not telling you guys anything you didn't already know.

Back