• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigaram TCCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
g0dM@n said:
I'VE SAID THAT SAME EXACT THING IN ABOUT 10,000 DIFFERENT THREADS, and people still buy 2x1gb. I mean, some people also say "it's so that I don't have to upgrade later," but if they are to upgrade "later" then the ram prices would be less anyways.

pfffffffffffffff

Good point on prices/time....but not such a great argument over WHY DO YOU NEED 2GB, a little more than 2 years ago some folks would have said the same thing about 1GB ram. Yes today 2Gb is extreme, but it won't always be so. Yes in a year or so the prices will definitely be different (more likely lower). So why OC your CPU and try to get higher Mhz when you can just wait for newer CPUs with higher ratings and lower prices over time? My point is you missed the point. But it is just a matter of opinion anyways. Not trying to highjack this thread or start a war just replying to to some valid criticism and some not so valid criticism.

Back to the point I would really like to know what ICs this company is using in their various offerings...hopefully we will see soon from those who brave enough to take the leap and provide the community with the knowledege.

Did you take the spreader off and see what it looks like under? Do you have a camera?

Like I said, I don't have my camera. I thought the heatspreaders were supposed to slide off the top? They're stuck to the sides. I can't tell what kind of pcb it has, its the standard green and the only writing is some small numers for the pins and "UR" backwards on one edge. the chips themselves are thin(~1mm if i had to guess) and long, they run from the very top of the chip to about as far down as they can

Oh, I got confused b/c CCUABIDE (whatever CCU means) said that it's DEF not UTT.

It's not, utt loves volts right? this wouldn't boot at 3.4 and is far from stable at 3.2, i was having problems with my motherboard(most likely because of modded bios) I fixed it now.

Unfortunately, it won't even do 205 stable at 2.5v(w/ 2-2-2-5 timings) haven't tried much else, this is just an update on my progress.

btw, I might borrow a camera for tommorrow.

I hate going to bed unhappy.

I think one or both my sticks are duds. They will do the stock, guarenteed settings and thats it. I will try each stick individually tommorrow. I tried every voltage from 2.5-2.9 and 3.2 and 3.4(accidentally).

Good luck to everyone else who bought these.

just because it doesnt like voltage doesnt mean it isnt UTT.
i have 2x512 of the ocz value VX and its deffinatly UTT but over 2.9v causes errors i dont get at lower voltages.

your gonna need to place the sticks in the freezer sealed in a zipperlock bag and freeze them so the glue on the heatspreaders releases. or just pry up one edge to look at the chip on the end.

i say that as if they suck and you need to return them it wont void the warrentie wich also voids any returns.

also to the nay sayers of 2 GB's in a machine.
not everyone here are gamers,hell i dont even play games anymore but i use xp ram disk and also photoshop extensivley and yes i need 1.5gb-2gb for my rig.
BUT i wont be buying 2x1gb sticks as they tend to oc like crap and carry very loose timings.some do better but cost alot more.

my vnf3 wont run 3 double sided sticks so im buying a dfi nf3 and it will.mabey ill need 2T to run 3 sticks but thats nothing as if im benching ill just pop the extra stick out.

just dont assume since people oc they are "just gamers"

Last edited:
take a flat head screwdriver and lift up the heatspreaders.
and take a peek.
please everyone is dying to know what ics this ram is using!
I'm goin' insane...I hope mine don't suck.
RAM gods please be nice to me and let these things o/c like crazy
sorry to hear about your story frenzy.
-kkat

Even if they are UTT, they aren't very good.

The heatspreaders won't go back on though, will they?(if i freeze them)
I don't think they will bend enough to see the chips.

I can't return them, they do the settings they say they will (2.5v, 2-2-2-5, pc3200)

once they reach room temp the glue will reactivate and work again.
if they are from newegg you just pay a restocking fee is all and they have no issues taking them back.this is why they have a 100% satisfaction guarentee for!

Sweet, I'll look at them tommorrow.

I won't return unless other people are getting much better results, these are for a rig that will be running stock, no ocing at all.

frenzy20 said:
Sweet, I'll look at them tommorrow.

I won't return unless other people are getting much better results, these are for a rig that will be running stock, no ocing at all.
well for the price then its a good deal for you imo.
getting 2.0-2-2-6 2x512 for $122 is cheap as hell imo.
now not such a deal for an ocer but everything has its place.

hey do me a favour and stick a stick in your dfi nf3 if you didnt test them in that and put your other sticks in it also and see if all 3 will run.
does it just force 2T? i was told it will work i just may be forced to use 2T but if you manually set the deviders and timings it will work.
id really appreciate it.

frenzy20 said:
Even if they are UTT, they aren't very good.

The heatspreaders won't go back on though, will they?(if i freeze them)
I don't think they will bend enough to see the chips.

I can't return them, they do the settings they say they will (2.5v, 2-2-2-5, pc3200)
I told you that after you freeze it the sticky stuff will solidify, after a while it will heat up again from room temp and become sticky again. You'll have a couple minutes after the freezer to take the spreaders off, and then put back on...

Just requested a refund RMA for my brand new PC3700 POS Gigaram.

That is about a $40.00 error in judgement right there. Oh,well. There was a chance it could have worked out.

If we never took chances we'd never have good OCing parts... right? :) I went through 4 sets of TwinMOS (UTT) 2x512 until I found ones I liked. The funny thing is that I'm replacing my current TwinMOS UTT with OCZ VX GOLD PC4000. :)

g0dM@n said:
If we never took chances we'd never have good OCing parts... right? :) I went through 4 sets of TwinMOS (UTT) 2x512 until I found ones I liked. The funny thing is that I'm replacing my current TwinMOS UTT with OCZ VX GOLD PC4000. :)

If your 4000 VX is anything like mine, you're gonna be one happy camper...

Back