• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Git my P4PE with P4 2.53 going

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike360000

Got my P4PE with P4 2.53 going

Got my cpu today and I started my changeover from Abit to Asus.
My P4 2.53 was a C1 stepped chip, SL6EG. Made in week 36, but was packaged on the 9th of November. (Intel must have a large stock.)

Anyhow so far everything has went *EXTREMELY* smooth. I reinstalled windows after playing with my old install with the new setup, just to do some overclocking.

I'm up to app. 3100 mhz, fsb at 162. Alpha h/f. Had to run the volts up to 1.6 to get to 3100. Still the system shows to be extremely cool. System temp 27c, cpu temp 35ish, idle and system temps of about 36c and cpu of about 42 under Sandra's burnin (cpu only) for about 25 loops. (After closing up my case and hooking up my blower, my temps are even lower, System down to 26c and cpu down to 31c.)

The Asus P4PE is a real easy mobo to work with, much easier than the Abit's I'm used to. Although I think the Abit's seem to oc a tad better. The P4PE surely has a *WHOLE* lot more niceties than the Abit's I'm used to. However I to have that voltage reading problem with the P4PE. It showed about 1.6 volts to the vcore no matter what I choose, so I set it there, in spite of itself!
(I have noticed that the P4PE gives different vcore readings the BIOS, from the BIOS hardware status, and from the hardware montioring that I installed in WinXP, which came with the mobo. BIOS says, 1.6v and Probe says 1.7v!)

I'm scoring a little over 3100 points in both of Sandra's memory scores. (This is Sandra 2003.)

I've still got some reading, er questions about the P4PE's BIOS settings concerning ram, mainly. Hopefully I can work more on that as I get my install completed.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Back