• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Give Future Shop Hell

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f00t

I bought a Radeon 9000pro (64m) card about 3weeks ago and I can only get a score of around 4500 in 3Dmark 2k1 (latest drivers for everything). Today I ran the 3Dmark again and all the benchmarks were very dark looking, I could barely make out the lobby scene with the light out and the monitor's brightness set to max. When I ran the benchmark again, I noticed "snow" in the background of all the benchmarks even at default clock speeds.

I bought the card at Future Shop (the only computer shop around for 30 miles) and they said that if I bring it back they will do some testing on it and if they discover it is defective will try to order in a new one but it will take 2 weeks.

I ran the card in a different pc (p3 900/256mb pc133) and I got a score of 3500. people with 900mhz athlons get a score of about 5500 with the same card.

The card is built by ATI but only ha 3.6ns ram instead of 3.3ns ram.

What do you think about this card? Should I bring it back and give Future Shop hell.

-f00t-

1ghz celeronA @1.5ghz
256mb pc133.

If the card is having artifacts even with stock speed, I would say your card is defected, and it should be RMAed, and they should give you a working one under the warranty.

But before you go into that direction, have you tried to reinstall the driver? Try to uninstall the old one, clean up the registry and reinstall the driver again.

Did all that and just tested it in a p4 1.7ghz system. Same problems.

I'd say send the card back since it seems like the Card is Defective, those scores are in the range of a 7500 Radeon. And give em hell.
In the Future try not to buy from Future shop other then for Blank Cds. They give me so much agism(sp) and horrible service just cuz I'm 15. I usually blow my cash else where.

I would definatley give them hell. The card is defective, so get it replaced asap...and that's BS about 2 weeks for a replacement. They bring in stock daily!

Back