• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Give me some inspiration!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

I am going to be buying this case tommorow from newegg. If the link doesnt work its the raidmax for 19.99 :D

I need some inspiration. I will be either painting it a dark red... But thats about it. :( I need some other ideas. Im not good with cutting even though I do have a dremel and jigsaw. I will cut the fan grills out.
So my (sad) list of mods:
Paint
cut fan grills

Anything someone with little cutting skills can do? I have done a few windows, but they came out pretty badly. :/

So you think a window is a good mod to do? I did one on my lian li, and it turned out decent, but I don't know where to find this fabled autotrim. ;) ... Not that I looked at napa or pepboys yet.

you ant inspiration huh . this is an inspiration pose ( and also one of the few fully clothed photos ;) )

120903-0019.jpg

I'm telling you thor...in 3 years I am coming to Japan. THAT picture is the motavation for me to move!!!!

Skiing Squirrel- you live pretty close to me so if you ever want a cool window etching, shoot me a PM and I will see what I can do for ya.

Me and playdoe dont mix. I would end up eating it. :( Maybe a case out of a cereal box... Or something. But Im getting off topic. ;) Im thinking about shaving the case. As in eliminating all the lines created by the panels. All except the side panel of course.

Skiing Squirrel said:
Me and playdoe dont mix. I would end up eating it. :( Maybe a case out of a cereal box... Or something. But Im getting off topic. ;) Im thinking about shaving the case. As in eliminating all the lines created by the panels. All except the side panel of course.
What about M&M's? As long as you don't put them in your mouth the system would never melt, no matter how hot the M&M heat sink got!

thorilan said:
you ant inspiration huh . this is an inspiration pose ( and also one of the few fully clothed photos ;) )

http://www.uploadit.org/files/120903-0019.jpg[/IG] [/B][/QUOTE]

fully clothed? to me that pic looks like the clothes were photoshoped on lol..

and I like that M&M idea, perfect!!

eobard said:

What about M&M's? As long as you don't put them in your mouth the system would never melt, no matter how hot the M&M heat sink got!

*rubs chin in deep thought* Damn I never thought of that. Gonna go to the candy store tommorow and ask if they got any big M&Ms that will fit an atx board in there. Now what happens if the cat licks it?

Assuming that the front little blue decoration is transparent, you could place some neat logo or something you print under there. If you wanted to go a little further, you might want to replace it with clear plexi...

?

use a dremel and make a nicer side panel grill.
Maybe make it into a 120mm side panel fan intake.
Window mod. Like ffats said might wanna replace that blue with a clear plexi or a plexi glass that has a color like a tinted plexi if that makes sence....

paint it (mirror finished black looks absolutely 1337)
window mod, or make a custom one yourself, aint that hard
top blowhole

the rest is something you might want to think of yourself, if you dont wanna end up with a case with blue lights and biohazard fan grills (no offense here, its just that ive seen those around alot)

Kino said:
paint it (mirror finished black looks absolutely 1337)
window mod, or make a custom one yourself, aint that hard
top blowhole

the rest is something you might want to think of yourself, if you dont wanna end up with a case with blue lights and biohazard fan grills (no offense here, its just that ive seen those around alot)

Right right. I want to be different, but simple at the same time. Still thinking of ideas while I wait for parts for the computer to come in.

the one thing i have to warn people about with black paint when attempting a mirror finish is that mistakes show up very easily and dont look bad ... they look horrible . where as mistakes with white are harder to see and dont look as bad. just stuff to keep in mind when trying for mirror finish

Back