• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got my wbk-38 but still have questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
S

saint

hi all
thanks for the help and advice in which hsf to buy
well i got my globalwin wbk-38 and it did got my temps down to 49c idle and 53c full load(using asus probe) as for earlier my coolermaster did 57c idle and 62c full load. my mb temp is 35c.
so the wuastion is are these good temps(i have amd 1.3 and asus a7v-e with three case fans)or can i do better.
i dont want to get in to all this arctic silver stuff.
also very importent !!! is there a way to lower the NOICE of that fan its drivig me crazy
thanks

The WBK-38, owes its success to a fan that moves a lot of air. That is also it's undoing as in order to get good airflow, in a 60mm footprint, you get noise to go along with it. If I'm not mistaken, the WBK HS can be easily adapted to accept an 80mm fan. With 80mm fans, your options go up considerably for effective, but not obnoxious sounding airflow. Look at some of the 80mm fans at the different resellers. Compare air delivery versus noise level. You should be able to find a good compromise. That, having been said, it will be hard to top the 60mm Delta 38 for performance, even in an 80mm footprint, except for the 80mm Delta Focused Flow fan. That is one effective fan, but again it is loud. Fortunately it moans instead of whining like the 60mm. You can get used to it, especially with the tower down on the floor.

Hoot

Hoot (Jul 09, 2001 07:45 a.m.):
The WBK-38, owes its success to a fan that moves a lot of air. That is also it's undoing as in order to get good airflow, in a 60mm footprint, you get noise to go along with it. If I'm not mistaken, the WBK HS can be easily adapted to accept an 80mm fan. With 80mm fans, your options go up considerably for effective, but not obnoxious sounding airflow. Look at some of the 80mm fans at the different resellers. Compare air delivery versus noise level. You should be able to find a good compromise. That, having been said, it will be hard to top the 60mm Delta 38 for performance, even in an 80mm footprint, except for the 80mm Delta Focused Flow fan. That is one effective fan, but again it is loud. Fortunately it moans instead of whining like the 60mm. You can get used to it, especially with the tower down on the floor.

Hoot

do the users moan and whine or are you talking about the fans? ;-)

Back