• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H500P Mesh Chromax

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yoadknux

Ended up replacing all the fans in my case with Noctua A series (Chromax). Why - just felt like it.
Temps are pretty good, vertical GPU and top CPU radiator yields the best overall thermal results. Changing the Arctic P14 fans to Noctua NF-A14 did not make a significant difference, but changing the 2x 200mm CM fans to 2x Noctua fans did drop GPU temps by 3c and reduced all humming/vibrational noise. On the other hand, the Noctua fans are not RGB, but this is not an issue, the emphasis of my build is stealthy black/white/silver with no aRGB madness fgLXDjp.jpg

1RDQCmE.jpg UMs9TcX.jpg

eJp0xmC.jpg

Last edited:
Today I did my favorite thermal test for case airflow, and that is: check GPU thermals with side panel off (left) vs side panel on (right). Here are the results running FireStrike Ultra:
case_off.gif case_on.gif

As you can see, the thermals are quite good, and the difference between open case vs closed case is a mere 1.5c. This implies that case airflow is sufficiently good.

Today I did my favorite thermal test for case airflow, and that is: check GPU thermals with side panel off (left) vs side panel on (right). Here are the results running FireStrike Ultra:
View attachment 359588View attachment 359589

As you can see, the thermals are quite good, and the difference between open case vs closed case is a mere 1.5c. This implies that case airflow is sufficiently good.
How long did you run the test? I also like to push the CPU to max with AIDA64 at the same time.

Good results though.

EDIT: Excerpt from my review back in 2018...
Looking at the results of the test we can see a maximum temperature difference between 1-2 °C for CPUTIN and SYSTIN. This result is similar in both runs. What this indicates is there is adequate airflow in the stock configuration. The addition of top exhaust fans would only be necessary if you were running a hotter system such as an eight-core processor, Dual GPU’s, or perhaps a heavy overclock. As it stands this case passes the airflow test and our concerns for airflow are not warranted.
Seems to be the same results I came up with.

Last edited:
How long did you run the test? I also like to push the CPU to max with AIDA64 at the same time.

Good results though.

EDIT: Excerpt from my review back in 2018...

Seems to be the same results I came up with.
The run is 20 loops of FireStrike Ultra, so about 15-20 minutes per test.
Keep in mind that my test was done with a 430W power consumption card, I think the 7950 in your past test is about 200-250W. When the GPU doesn't dump a lot of hot air into the case then the airflow requirements are not as tight.
In my past tests with 2080Ti and stock fans (375W), I had a 6c difference between glass panel on vs off (https://www.overclockers.com/forums/threads/toasty-2080ti-ftw3-in-cooler-master-h500p-mesh.797947/)

Back