• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headphones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

9mmCensor

Disabled
I broke my sony 'monitors' and now I need new headphones for my CD/mp3 player for on the go and to sit and game/watch movies at night.

So I need something that
-sounds good
-is durable (dont want to break more)
-doesn't go around my neck or clip onto or into my ear
-light and portable (no huge things)
-not outrageously expensive

The music I listen to is Rage Against the Machine, Radiohead, Linkin Park, Metalica, Deftones, Coldplay etc....

So where is a good place to look for these in Toronto other than bay bloor radio?

wow thats a tough list.
shock.gif

i can't think of any off the top of my head that fit all those criteria.

I'm no audiophile, but I use a pair of Sennheiser HD280s. Pretty good for gaming or listening to dvds or music on my computer. I'm not sure where you can get them in Canada. There's list of stores that carry these headphones over here.

legendary said:
I'm no audiophile, but I use a pair of Sennheiser HD280s. Pretty good for gaming or listening to dvds or music on my computer. I'm not sure where you can get them in Canada. There's list of stores that carry these headphones over here.
the 280's are fairly large and he doesn't want anything like that.

Some 497's then? I haven't seen them in person so I can't really say anything, but thats supposedly the top portable set of cans. Not too expensive, either.

The best headphones i have that fit into your list are the "Koss plug" These things have the best sound ive had for along time.

I have a set of Sony MDR-D77 that i paid $200. for about 10 years ago and they are what i use at home but these plug headphones have some really good bass for what i paid.

Look on e-bay there are a few sets and every set people are fighting for em. The memory foam fits perfectly in your ear and i think thats what gives these things such good bass.

Have you ever seen musicians perform live on stage? they wear these little "hearing aid" style headphones so they can monitor the rest of the band perfectly anywhere on the stage they are. These are like a walmart version of that.

If you have the cake, go to musicians friend and get a set of these things that are designed as replacement "in ear monitors" they may not be safe as far as they will shield all the outside noise and may get to some extreme audio levels but can it be "to loud"? lol

There is a set i thought about getting for $100. and they are the shure E2 ill bet those are good.

look into those.

well i dont either but if you heard them you might decide different. They are less then $20.

These are like the old gameboy kind these have a rubber fitting and are actualy pretty comfortable. I use these when i go to sleep, i lay on my side and i some times wake up with them still in.

they fit in your pocket also. under a beanie you cant lose to try the plug ones.

oh well its your call what you like i thought ide sugest the ones ive been using latley.

Back