• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hello everyone...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

berkut_PL

Registered
im new here :D

In a few days ill post some pics of my evaporative chilled cpu.

Ive made my cooling from scrap, an old frige, some copper pipes, my old water cooler and other stuff like that :D everything over here (in poland) is very expensive so my chiller isnt as fancy as yours :(
My chiler consists of: 8m long, 6mm thick copper pipe as an condensor, its water cooled (previously it cooled my dual 120W peltier setup with my PII 400 @ 660mhz), pics soon.

The evaporator is made of 2 pieces of 5x5x1cm copper with channels milled with a press drill, then soldered together with a torch.

The compresor is a 120W (1/6hp ) unit from an olg frige "SZRON 125" frige (a very old, 25 years unit but i works flawlessly beacause it wasent used to offen...)

I dont have any acces to a vacum pomp so i use my compresor to fill/ vacum my system with 4 valves and a system of pipes...

The system is filled with a mixture of 25% propane, 75% butane, the lowest temp unloded i can archieve is -22C but with an athlon 1.33 AYHJA Y @ 1800mhz (9x 200) 2.2V the temp rises to -6C on the evaporator (dont know how high it is on the cpu, my epox 8k3a+ rev 1.0 says its at 32C, like always ;)

Ill post come pics of my system in a few days (something like friday)...

ps. sorry for my rather primitive language, im from USA but as time passed here in poland my english was getting worse and worse... :eh?:

Ok so why are you using 75 percent butane?
Butane boils at just a little below 0c whereas propane boils at about -42c.
Butane is a pretty bad refrigerant.Did you try it with straight propane?

heheheheh, its a litlle hard to get anything here in poland, a can of 200ml r134a costs about 90$ !

if i could get straight propane i wouldt use butane :D actualy the coolant i use is simply the fuel for my torh :)

You need to use 22% butane and 78% propane to get really good performance. They commonly use this combo in automotive applications for the old a/c systems. Saw a thread sometime ago regarding re-charging of a/c systems on Volvo sportscars

Back