• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose a vid card!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A little information regarding your system would be a good help, i believe with that prize limit you simply can't go wrong with a geforce4 ti4200 128mb

some companies provide 64mb version with faster memory than the 128mb but there are some companies who ships their 128mb card with same speed memory, the one's i know are MSI and ASUS,

A card which is mentioned a LOT on these forums is Albateron

Well running 1800mhz palomino, water cooled. 512 megs of ram 1 corsair and 1 samsun. Currently using 1996 ati rage card which is so slow nowadays.

Kx7333R volt modded
512 ram, oced to 156+33mhz for the ram divider.
40 gig hard disk
sb live, the original card
3com nic

What else do you want to know?

Hehe ti4200 it is, but I need manufacturers is what i am looking for.

I hear a lot about hte albertaron what is so good about it? Does it have the standard DVI and vga port with the video out? or in??

ColdFlare said:

I find that very hard to believe, as I have installed a abit siluro ti4200 in a kx7 333 r in my friends system.

Yea, i dont wanna have to return anything if they dont work :(.

if these 2 dont work i might get the kd7 possibly*

ColdFlare said:

I find that very hard to believe, as I have installed a abit siluro ti4200 in a kx7 333 r in my friends system.

well thats good news....i just hope that there isnt *any* truth to that linky

go for either Albatron or MSI or ASUS

Albatron (Turbo model) i supposed to be current king of overclocking from what i have read around

MSI pretty decent overclocker, have the BEST software bundle all around and comes with all the proper accessories to get you started

ASUS have pretty decent bundle and overall a very good card, no idea about how it overclocks

baqai said:
go for either Albatron or MSI or ASUS

Albatron (Turbo model) i supposed to be current king of overclocking from what i have read around

MSI pretty decent overclocker, have the BEST software bundle all around and comes with all the proper accessories to get you started

ASUS have pretty decent bundle and overall a very good card, no idea about how it overclocks

The turbo model is kind of expensive 180+. Any other albatron models are good?

well the tubro can oc past ti4600 speeds thats why its costly. but i dunno why u wouldnt want it? a ti4600 cost almost 2x as much.

Back