• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help on fixing my monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djs488

In my peripheral vision, my monitor is always flashing. I've heard this is bad for your eyes, so how do i fix it. Are there any programs that will, like optimize your monitor? or does that not even exist. Please help.

David

Sounds like your refresh rate to me, at 60Hz you will notice this but usually anyuthing higher is fine. Go into you display settings in the control panel and go to the advanced section and under the MONITOR tab you should see refresh rate. Set it to something higher than 60, BUT make sure your monitor can handle high refresh rates, if its a fairly new one you should be fine. Older monitors sometimes don't like high refresh rates.

also you should have a button or an option in your monitor controls for "degauss"-ing the monitor . . . you should do this at least once a day or so . . . it'll get rid of all the magnetic buildup on the screen . . .

i hate when i install new drivers and it resets the refresh rate.. always gives me a splitting headache before i remember

Back