• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am very new to this and honestly not looking to overclock its just not worth it to me for what I need out of the pc. Again appreciate the patients and help I will download prime95 and update when I get home if xtu stress pushed it to 60's and 70's I would think prime95 would be way higher we will see i would think the pc should be cool with all ML140 fans and h115i it should be enough

We still don't know from those pictures what your max temps during the stress test were. Your max CPU usage is only 27% in what you show in the pics. XTU does not keep a record of peak temps but only reports temps real time. Besides, it's a very whimpy stress test to begin with.

There is nothing to know about Prime95 and how it works. You download it, install it and launch it. When it launches choose the stress test option and "blend" options in the popup windows, which I think are already chosen by default. It will then start to put your computer through a demanding set of computations which will put it under heavy load. But then you should also have CoreTemp or RealTemp open on the screen in order to monitor the temps and voltages.

I get the definite impression this is all very new to you.

Edit: By the way, unlike XTU the other stress tests we have recommended do not provide tools to overclock your CPU and memory so if that is what you mean by saying "I don't know how it works" with regard to Prime95 you need to know Prime95 is simply a stress tester.

Furthermore, until we can establish that your cooling is doing it's job, you should not attempt to overclock.
Is everything in bios set correctly this is a new language to me I can put together anything but when it comes to software I'm clueless

How long to run prime 95? And do I choose blend, small , or in place large ftt??

Using "Small FFT" in prime will exercise mostly the CPU but neglects stressing the RAM. Many will tell you to do that. Personally, for my purposes I always choose "Blend." If all you want to do is to get an idea of what max CPU temps will be then that can be accomplished in about 20 minutes. Longer than that P95 stress tests will eventually add another couple of degrees maybe. Since you are not overclocking it is not necessary to run an long stress test since you will probably be stable at stock. No need to prove that unless in fact your computer gives evidence of being unstable in daily use.

As was said before, safe temps are anything under 100c. Once the chip hits 100c it will downthrottle to protect itself. So when running the Prime95 stress test watch for that temp level.

I wish you had been more specific earlier about the temps you were seeing in XTU when stress testing. You mentioned early on about temps in the 60s and 70s and you seemed worried about it but we couldn't tell under what conditions (idle or full load) those temps were being seen. I think part of the struggle we have been having in communicating with you is that you were not aware of what temps you should expect under load and you thought 70c was too high.

Your bios settings are fine for running stock frequencies.

I read that if I'm not overclocking that xtu is enough specially I wont be playing games like that I'm just going to go on using the pc and see if I run into a problem then troubleshoot

I feel like I need to say this was one of the most frustrating threads I've been involved with. It ended up going nowhere and accomplishing nothing.

I feel like I need to say this was one of the most frustrating threads I've been involved with. It ended up going nowhere and accomplishing nothing.
I
Sorry helping me was frustrating I feel frustrated too hense the reason to not go foward and overclock since I dont seem to grasp the ways how between the language barrier and not knowing I feel it's better to just run stock and not drive people like you crazy trying to teach me. Sorry I fustrated you

By "language barrier" may we assume that you are referring to English not being your first language? If that is the case I wish you had let us know early on because we had no clue from your posts.

Or are you saying that our help was filled with too much geek speak?

English being my second language and you guys Made it easy so for that thanks but like I said I gave it a try to overclock but like I said previously I will stick with standard clocked speed and just watch youtube videos to learn how and when I feel I have some grasp on how it works will try again. Most confusing came from outside this forum as such google claiming my idle temps of 36-42c is high and I should be at 24-28c and all outside noise but you guys did amazing job with knowledge like i said earlier my temps are now 36-40c in windows and 2 hr stress test with xtu has me between 56-65c so I'm ok..

Thanks for the clarification. Enjoy your system. For future reference, it would be a good idea to add your location to your user profile so helpers can be alerted to a possible language barrier. You don't have to give a lot of geographical details but home country or even region would suffice.

You have better grammar than many posters with English as their first language. I was also surprised to learn this so please do let us know in the future or update your location as trents suggested.

You have better grammar than many posters with English as their first language. I was also surprised to learn this so please do let us know in the future or update your location as trents suggested.

So true. It really caught me by surprise as well to learn that the OP was not a native English speaker.

I read and write fine just grammar and bigger words that I dont use much in everyday language. Honestly i just recently learned what overclock means

But from my research it's most likely the case design I read phantek evolv x doesnt have very good airflow my my temps are fin now I have it at 35c idle and light load goes 40-45 during stress it goes 56-62 so that's good enough that's at stock I will overclock and see I'll def use what I learned here that stress test it and as long as I dont pass 80c at all I should be golden even though they say 90c being limit but that's too close to comfort I'll tweak it until I reach max 70's

Your temps seem well under control.

Don't hesitate to ask for clarification if we use terms that you are not familiar with. We'll try to explain something in a different way when that happens. I promise you, you do much better with English than the vast majority of us do with your native language. And that is a complement.

Back