• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help Unlocking Phenom II X4 960T on ASUS M5A78L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a fast Update I was going to order it from new egg But because i Live in germany New egg will not ship

so i did a fast Local search came up with this

http://www.hoh.de/detail/index/sArt...00rpm&exactc=508dcbae8dfd42afcb3e7e587155a05e

Is this the same one ?? they also have the 412 slim

please let me know if it is the same one that new egg has so i can order this baby

thanks Guys

Yes that is the Hyper 212 Plus, the one you want. Try to get a fan of the same efficiency and RPM as the front one. Another way to rig it up is mount the secondary fan on the back of the case so it exhausts all the case air as well, and then just have one fan on the cooler.

Thank you Sir will do , Pretty much both fans have to be in the Pull position

thank you cant wait to get it , i will wait until tomorrow there is a very good store in Frankfurt that carries alot of Coolers hoping they have it if not i will order it and have to wait

:) :) :)

One pushes in the other pulls out. I was in Koln actually binsberg gladsbach about 6 yrs ago. Beautiful country!

Ya Koln is Nice , But if you every want to visit again , let me know i am only 20 minutes from Frankfurt airport , i will take you to the most Beautiful Places you have never seen

And dont forget,, sipping the best wine ever ,, sorry but the wine in the USa sucks hhhhhh

I agree, I'm canadian ha ha. But the beer was my choice. I might take you up on that we have to go back sometime to visit the family again!

Im Back

Good day to all

Please Forgive me for being gon for a While work and wife + Vacation :p
So here is where i stand as of today

Got this

o4uv.jpg

41nc.jpg

dwaq.jpg

mtbk.jpg

BIOS is Updated i was way out of date
0g42.jpg

tqzp.jpg

hxi8.JPG

r8iv.jpg

khx4.jpg

qbuu.jpg

sbe2.jpg

Also ran memteast 86+ sorry about my stupid picture but if you look at the top carefully you will see that 22 passes ,, Some one on youtube says if you pass the 20 pass your memory is good to use on every day not sure what the hell he is talking about but any way here are my pictures

rxeh.JPG

jhd2.jpg

NOT the only difference in the BIOS pictures is that i al running Multiplier at 19X now and HT LINK is at 2000 not 400 as you see in the Picture above

Still stuck on the CPU over Voltage it is stuck on AUTO dont know how to change it and i am ready for testing But what to use I have prime 95 and OCCTPT have not use either one so i ask for your advice one with one to run first

Many thanks please help me lets get this Black edition CPU to 4.2 or above but 4.2 will be good enough for me and i will be like :attn: :bday:

Many thanks

Just keep doing what you are doing, bumping up the CPU multiplier running 30 mins of prime95 to check for stability (blend test), make sure temps don't go much over 55c (monitor with HWmonitor). To adjust the vcore just highlight the option and press the + button in the keyboard, this should allow you to increase your vcore and keep it stable during p95, leave everything else on auto while you are overclocking your CPU as it can get confusing if you try to do a few things at once and its hard to figure out what setting is causing the instability, don't go over 1.5v and 55c and you will be fine, just make sure you can also remove the heat from your case as well as the CPU (exhaust/intake fans). Good luck and keep us posted, 4ghz should be a realistic target, anything over that will be a bonus.

bumping up the CPU multiplier running 30 mins of prime95 to check for stability (blend test),

increase your vcore and keep it stable during p95,

don't go over 1.5v and 55c and you will be fine, just make sure you can also remove the heat from your case as well as the CPU (exhaust/intake fans). Good luck and keep us posted, 4ghz should be a realistic target, anything over that will be a bonus.

That is great advice Keny.

I would prefer not to see over 55c on the core/package temp. The cpu/socket temp may go to about 62c or so.
RGone...

Many thanks please help me lets get this Black edition CPU to 4.2 or above but 4.2 will be good enough for me and i will be like....

Not gonna happen on that air cooler especially while unlocked.

As a quad, we're looking at roughly 1.5625 - 1.575v for around 4.2-4.3ghz. I did mine on a M5A78L MX PlUS. Unlocked as 5 core, but was plenty fast and fun as a quad.

Here's an example of some decent clocks. Temps on this while memory serves me correctly where Under 50c core #0

GLHF!

Just realized the pick is small. ( you can hold control and mouse wheel up to see it)

In the picture.
4369mhz cpu-z reports 1.5600v. 230 x 19 2530 NB/HT linked. Pimod time was 15.273 seconds.

Attachments

• 960T PiMod 1M 15.2s II.jpg
    960T PiMod 1M 15.2s II.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 136
Thanks to all For the fast reply you Guys are great

Just a Fast Question will it hurt if i leave the Voltage at AUTO ?? it seems it runs smoother and at what number should i start ?

second I know i said only one question :) I dont understand keny on the last Part
(( just make sure you can also remove the heat from your case as well as the CPU (exhaust/intake fans).))

I did not understand this Keny can you please explain

many thanks to all

Keny says >> remove the heat from your case as well as the CPU

He is saying the cpu cooler sits on top of the cpu inside the computer case and the heat removed from the cpu by the cpu cooler needs not stop in the case but get the heck on out of the computer case. So good airflow into and out of the case is of great importance also and not just focusing on the cpu cooler sitting atop the cpu.
RGone...ster.

Ok many thanks as you know i am new so my Question here is what should i look at from the PIC at what Temps i just ran it for a small teast

kjoo.jpg

thanks

TMPIN0 or TMPIN1...which is socket temp???

The one that jumps up high when cpu is loaded. Mobo temp will not rise much under load but socket temp will.

Some Temp.gif

Last edited:
Ok got it look at all 4 and keep them under 55c because you had some writing next to them i thought this is where i should Look at

thank you for your patients :)

Back