• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi, I'd like to know if I've got all necessary parts and that they all match...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shlomikalfa

Hi,

I'd like to know if the parts I've chosen fit together and that there isn't anything extremely important I'm forgetting to add-up.

Please check out my build and let me know.

P.S. A video card will be added in the future when I'll be able to afford a good one, as well as a storage device of HDD type. I have my own DVD writer/reader so I don't get a new one.

My parts:
- Coolermaster Elite 430 Black, With Side Window with Coolermaster Elite 500W PSU
---> The cheapest I could find that has a nice count of fans inside.

- Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3, Intel Z68, S 1155, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SATA RAID, PCIe 3.0 (x16), D-Sub/DVI-D/HDMI, ATX
---> Took something gen3 so that I'll be able to upgrade it in the future.

- Intel Core i7 2700K, S 1155, Sandy Bridge, Quad Core 3.5GHz, 8MB Cache, HD 3000 IGP 850MHz, 95W, Retail.

- 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Racing Red, PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.5V
---> The cheapest ones, I don't care much about the colors.

- 120GB OCZ Technology Vertex 3, 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Sandforce SSD, Read 550MB/s, Write 500MB/s, 85K IOPS
---> For fast access and better performance, I have an extra 128GB 5400 2.5" HDD from my old laptop that I'll add up and that's enough for me for now. P.S. Can it be used as single storage device?

- Edimax EW-7612PIn 300Mbps Wireless 802.11 b/g/n PCI Express Adapter
---> for wifi access.

- Colors IT ACT KB-8108 Multimedia Office Pro Keyboard, Silver/Black with MIC/Speakers SKYPE Ready
---> just the cheapest one I could find.
- CM Choiix Cruizer White Wireless 2.4GHz Blue Trace Mouse & Pad 3 Button with Scroll Wheel 1600dpi
---> seems like a decent cheap one.

- 24" Viewsonic VX2451MHP-LED Slim LED (Backlit) Monitor, 2ms, 300cd/m², 20000000:1, Speakers, White, Full HD (http://www.scan.co.uk/products/24-v...-2ms-300cd-m-200000001-speakers-white-full-hd)
OR
23.6" Acer G245HQbid, LCD Full HD Monitor, HDMI/DVI/VGA, 1920x1080, 2ms, 300cd/m², 80,000:1, Black (http://www.scan.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=49576)
---> Whats the most important thing in a screen?! ms, contrast ratio (xxxx:1) how do you choose the one with the best quality? and will I be able to take a 24" monitor on a flight as a hand-luggage?!

- Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, 4 Heat Pipes Direct Contact, with 120mm Quiet Fan LGA775/1155/1156/1366/
---> Should I add that or can I just use the stock one... I'm not planning on overclocking the cpu.

- 120mm Coolermaster SickleFLow Blue LED Quiet Case Fan x3
- 120mm Coolermaster SickleFLow Green LED Quiet Case Fan x1
- 120mm Coolermaster Turbine Master Silent Case Fan High Air Flow x1
--> Do I have to get fans?!

Well... that's all of it for now, I do plan on buying the rest of the parts (HDD, Video-card) when I'll get some more cash...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:
Looks like a decent setup to me. I would do some research on the PSU but it should be good for that. Just keep in mind your not going to be able to push multiple graphics cards off that PSU I wouldnt hook up any of the top 2-3 cards from either camp. Something like an AMD 68(50/70) or GTX 460/560(ti) should run off that PSU nicely though.

yeah GTX 460 and 560 (or TI) should be enough for that psu. But If your planning on upgrading or going sli someday, I think your gonna need some BETTER PSU (and HIGHER watts). Stock Heat Sink will be fine if your not planning on O'Cing, but for me, just get one for more cooler temps and maybe you'll change your mind someday and tyr OC your CPU, by then your good to go. Cheers!

Hi again,
Thanks for your response guys!

I don't wish to annoy anyone but it seems like some of my most important questions have been ignored so if anyone else can comment on these that will be great:

SSD:
Can it be used as single storage device?

Monitor:
---> Whats the most important thing in a screen?! ms, contrast ratio (xxxx:1) how do you choose the one with the best quality? and will I be able to take a 24" monitor on a flight as a hand-luggage?!

Deciding which monitor has the better quality is very subjective. You kinda have to compare in person or just take a gamble on one.

I imagine taking a 24" monitor onto a plane would be a no go, the carry on restrictions are pretty strict.

And yes you can run an SSD only in your system if you choose to do so. I run SSD only in both mine and my wifes laptops.

Hmmm, I'd go with a better power supply if I were you.... Likewise, I've owned that case before and its not that flash, if you can afford something like the Antec Three Hundred its well worthwhile.

EDIT: Scratch what I said about the case, I was thinking of the Elite 330

Back