• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much what type

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rickj

Ok folks new here and no experience with oc my problem is i bought a load of components on the advice of a pal of mine who has emigrated to oz but we never bought the memory for the system and i don't want to buy the wrong memory also I have been told that the case is a bit small and i might need extra water cooling on the MOBO and extra fans on the memory if I intend aggressive oc can any one help with this? here is a list of the bits i have installed

Corsair Graphite 600T

OCZ Vertex 250 GB x 2

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366

Intel Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Hex-Core

XFX GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition x 2 (from my old system should i change them for new card/s )

Corsair H100 Hydro Series (Tight fir had to put the fans under the grill on the top) in exuahust config

Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W Modular

Thanks in advance Rick

:welcome: to the forums.

Did you just buy the parts for the above system? If so, did your pal tell you that the parts were 2-3 years old and end of life and could be out performed in most cases by a cheaper sandy bridge system?

Either way, what you will likely want to look for is a 6GB set of RAM (3x2GB) at most likely DDR3-1600, if you want to push higher you can go for a set that can do DDR3-2000/2133+ as it is a pretty easy speed to hit and going above that doesn't make much of an impact.,

Thanks

Hi Janus

I have had the component's for about 8 month's he told me at the time that the cpu was about the fastest and the motherboard was a good board :( can you suggest a mobo, cpu, ram that's up to date, I love the case and as far I can see the psu is ok I did look at a UD 9 but I don't think it will fit in the 600T is the sandybridge cpu SKT2012?\2011
Also not sure about the grafix cards in your opinion should I go for a new single card so i can add another at a later date

Thanks Rich

Back