• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, I got all my 10 benchmarks uploaded, but have to work on getting enough points to be accepted.
http://hwbot.org/user/trdoc/

Since I think I borked my Matrix GTX 580, I guess I'll have to throw my GT240 back in and just concentrate on 2D stuff. Learning as I go, but boy this stuff can be frustrating.

Really pissed that it looks like I fried a Matrix after 2 days and never made it past 950 core clock... Gonna really hold back my potential for points! :( I was thinking of picking up another 580 ref card and just SLIing later when I get the Matrix fixed (I hope!), but I'm taking The Boy to SeaWorld and buying my mom a better used car this month, plus plonking down for the 580 and a new sub amp for my truck... looks like alot of my disposable income for the month is gone. :( If my 2D scores can't get me in, then maybe next month.... <sigh>

You're getting there :thup:

You've got some easy points sitting in that 2600K. If it'll do 55 multiplier you should be able to grab close to 10 with just a CPU-z validation ;)

It won't... not unless I approach 1.6V, which I just can't convince myself to do just yet. :(

For a short period of time it is fine to use a higher vcore, as long as it isn't 24/7 and your temps are in-check (of course).

Read the rules for being admitted to the benching team...

The first thing I see wrong is that you don't have the minimum 100 posts on the forum.

Just a heads up...

Bingo. After you make the 100 posts you should be good. PM one of the team leaders (or both) - Brolloks and/or nzaneb. They have the power; once you're in they'll notify a mod/admin to do the whole permissions thing. :thup:

Read the rules for being admitted to the benching team...

The first thing I see wrong is that you don't have the minimum 100 posts on the forum.

Just a heads up...

I'm already on the team............I'm not here to post hore, I'm here to bench. Keep the label!

Last edited:
I'm already on the team............I'm not here to post hore, I'm here to bench. Keep the label!

You got it all wrong PhIly... The 100 post requirement is not about post whoring at all man. It's about commitment. It's about someone being willing to put in the effort of making 100 "non-spammy" posts and doing the required benches and getting the required points. It's how someone that wants to be on the team shows us (the other members of the team) that he/she really wants to be in it with us. The badge makes no difference, but being an "official" member of the team does give you access to some "perks"... :D

You got it all wrong PhIly... The 100 post requirement is not about post whoring at all man. It's about commitment. It's about someone being willing to put in the effort of making 100 "non-spammy" posts and doing the required benches and getting the required points. It's how someone that wants to be on the team shows us (the other members of the team) that he/she really wants to be in it with us. The badge makes no difference, but being an "official" member of the team does give you access to some "perks"... :D

^ Well said.

Understand, I work all day and can't just get on a computer while I'm working. I need the PERKS now to help tweak. I also understand you got rules..........

I got a lot of hardware and need some direction with it, as in witch way to go. (One more post closer)

Here's what you do...

Start a thread in the OC Forums Benchmarking section... List the HW you have and we'll help you get there. :D

We have people that will be more than glad to guide you through the ins/outs of benching so that you can get on the team.

Sebas

Here's what you do...

Start a thread in the OC Forums Benchmarking section... List the HW you have and we'll help you get there. :D

We have people that will be more than glad to guide you through the ins/outs of benching so that you can get on the team.

Sebas

Cool!
Thank you! Just going to do that, among other things I'm trying to repair an LCD screen and working on another PS fix.

Ok... I've finally gotten to my 20 boints!

PMing our glorious leaders so I can get in the mix here!

Back