• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to dirrectly connect 2 pc's with wireless cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I am fairly sure it is possible to dirrectly connect 2 pc's together (with WiFi cards, no router) to share internet or play games together, but I am not quite sure how to do it. Help?

Yes, you can, you need to go into the device properties of the cards and set them to Ad-hoc mode instead of infrastructure, then they should see eachother and work like a normal network.

I've connected two laptops together with wireless. If I remember correctly, in the wireless connections page, you create a new connection (On both machines), name it something, making sure it's the same on both machines, chose the same security settings, then hit OK. Set up static IP addresses on your wireless adaptors, and they should connect (If there's not a second computer around, It will actually conenct to itself too :p)

Back