• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE How To Fix the Infamous Logitech Double Click Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've had a fair amount of Logitech mice over the years (including the M570 trackball). Currently using an MX Revolution on my desktop and a G402 as a laptop/mobile mouse. Only button issue was on an OG G5 that was knocked off the desk once too many, but will keep this thread in mind if anything comes up.

Thanks for this outstanding tutorial. I replaced the switches on two of my M510 mice after first trying to bend the copper piece and breaking the switch's cover. You're right, the desoldering step was the most difficult. One of my mice was older and had a ribbon I had to remove but found a walkthrough on youtube. I was actually surprised these worked with my amateur soldering skills.

I bought 10 of the heavier duty switches from DigiKey but if I had to do over again would've gotten the lighter D2F-01F ones. While the D2F-01 may last longer, I click all day and can notice some finger fatigue. Hopefully won't get carpal finger. Probably didn't make financial sense doing this for a $30 mouse but was a fun project, and am glad I now know how to fix them cuz the switches they come with will definitely fail within a couple years.

I've had a fair amount of Logitech mice over the years (including the M570 trackball). Currently using an MX Revolution on my desktop and a G402 as a laptop/mobile mouse. Only button issue was on an OG G5 that was knocked off the desk once too many, but will keep this thread in mind if anything comes up.
I absolutely LOVED my MX revolution. Unfortunately it was placed on its charging cradle after being cleaned without properly drying and killed it!

I absolutely LOVED my MX revolution. Unfortunately it was placed on its charging cradle after being cleaned without properly drying and killed it!
I've since replaced it with the Master 3 - essentially just a newer version of the same mouse. Only two complaints being the M3 is just a hair taller (looks like a tenth of an inch). Isn't much, but just enough to have it scrape the top shelf of my desk whenever I try to slide the keyboard tray in. Plus there's a small but noticeable delay when it wakes from sleep, but I found many wireless mice have that.

I've since replaced it with the Master 3 - essentially just a newer version of the same mouse. Only two complaints being the M3 is just a hair taller (looks like a tenth of an inch). Isn't much, but just enough to have it scrape the top shelf of my desk whenever I try to slide the keyboard tray in. Plus there's a small but noticeable delay when it wakes from sleep, but I found many wireless mice have that.
Just took a look at the Master 3. I dont like the side wheel on that nearly as much as the one on the MX Revolution. It does look like a decent mouse though.

Back