• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Get My Girl to Get into FPS Games..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah she was playin' my copy. She actually watched me play HL2 a lot. She said the story looked way better than anything she's seen before. I walked her through the development of the game and showed her the fiasco of the hacked servers at Valve and the horrible failed release dates, and she found that interesting as well.

I have two copies of COD1 (my buddy who died left me all his computer stuff), so I think I might get her to start playing LAN games with me on that. Maybe that or Duke/Doom/Quake1 ect. ect.. Those games were pretty good and everyone should experience them at one point or another, wHat better point then at the beginning? :D

I'm really releaved she liked Portal. She was frustrated a little at first but then she started getting good. She actually figured out levels faster than I did. SCARY!!

I think it all depends on how old you and your girl are.

Using a certain... how shall I say... "technique"... You can get a girl into anything from FPS to watching the Ric Flair DVD with you... ;)

I'm really releaved she liked Portal. She was frustrated a little at first but then she started getting good. She actually figured out levels faster than I did. SCARY!!

Now go write on the bathroom mirror "The Cake is a lie" :)
If she tends to steam up the bathroom mirror.. write it so it only shows up when it gets misty

Now go write on the bathroom mirror "The Cake is a lie" :)
If she tends to steam up the bathroom mirror.. write it so it only shows up when it gets misty

Hahaha!! I'm gonna do that!

Some people just dont like FPS, accept it and move on, you cant claim that if someone JUST played it more they would get hooked, cause they prob wont.

I got mine to play wii with me and felt like I had been trying to fly without wings the entire time. I might try to nudge her up to some sort of FPS, but it won't be anytime soon, that's for sure haha

Some people just dont like FPS, accept it and move on, you cant claim that if someone JUST played it more they would get hooked, cause they prob wont.

I've known my girlfriend for over 10 years. I know what she'll like and not like.

She loaded it up again today. She's intent on beating it and says she really does enjoy it now that she has the hang of the controls. I'll be moving her onto another FPS soon.

Has anyone here beat portal? I simply can't do it. I think my gf is going to though. She's close to the end and only gets stuck for about 15-20 minutes at a time.

Yea, I railed through the mission, advanced, and most of the challenges in a few hours. It's a fun game but a bit short. Once you figure out the tricks or puzzles it really seems too easy.

Back