• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to start [email protected] in 2022?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Dave, Is running the CPU taking away from the GPU's better PPD? If so, I'll dump it. With 16 threads I figured it's helping, but I see it's contributing only about 54K/day
54K isn't worth the electricity its burning...if your leaving a thread or 2 for the GPU's it will not slow them down, but it is similar to picking up a penny in a parking lot...maybe not worth bothering.:unsure:

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
54K isn't worth the electricity its burning...if your leaving a thread or 2 for the GPU's it will not slow them down, but it is similar to picking up a penny in a parking lot...maybe not worth bothering.:unsure:
Yea, I ca see that, plus my lm-sensors are showing the processor's heating up(mid 70s C.) and contributing to the overall heat load, and with ambient temps on the rise...not good.

Lol, might hafta get a new fan friendly case! This Antec case would make a good smoker....

case.jpg

Last edited:

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Yea, I ca see that, plus my lm-sensors are showing the processor's heating up(mid 70s C.) and contributing to the overall heat load, and with ambient temps on the rise...not good.

Lol, might hafta get a new fan friendly case! This Antec case would make a good smoker....

View attachment 216299
And that my friend you nailed...(y) That is as big an issue as the electricity.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
Tim - that case looks oddly familiar. This one may the big, older brother of yours. I've only had it for about 15 years. I'm actively searching for a replacement that I like and doesn't cost $200.

20220412_100447 (Medium).jpg

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
Last edited:

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I'm sorry I do not mean to hurt anyone's feelings...but that case is hideous...:chair::rofl:

I just want to take an angle grinder to those drive cages...:muahaha:

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
I'm sorry I do not mean to hurt anyone's feelings...but that case is hideous...:chair::rofl:

Lol, you mean my Antec or the Lian Li? I like the Lan Li as it has a bunch of 120mm fan options(Front,Top,Rear). I want it to move air like a 747. :cool:

Here's a Fractal Design case, and a Phanteks full ATX tower for about a buck and a quarter.

OP
BugFreak

BugFreak

That's what I loved about those old big cases. I always cut them to shreds so I had all that room to mod it my way. On my Inwin I cut the front off and bondo'd a 2x120 grate to the front.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
Right click on CPU client and finish it...After it is done Remove/Delete the CPU slot...Not enough PPD to justify it if you are running a GPU client.
I had done that, then in desperation to take a consistent lead in the neck 'n neck battle for #10 Production position with Bmwbaxter I added the CPU slot back. However, in examining the hardware production figures I realized that Bmwbaxter's RTW 3080ti just simply single-handedly puts up better PPD than my three cards plus the fire breathing Xeon, so I deleted the CPU slot again, for good this time.
But you know: a shiny new 3080ti would look good all wrapped up for my birthday and Father's Day, which are just 3 days apart this year. :attn: