• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

https private emails at work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So it is basically a man-in-the-middle attack on their own network?

in a sense, yes, however, some malware / adware / etc... do get passed via SSL which is why some appliances pass their cert to the client and the appliance does the handshaking and control for the secured website.

Just to throw it out there, at work, we install an agent (Kaseya) on all of our managed services clients at work. The agent runs in the background and there is an option to keep it hidden from the end user. I can look at someone's computer without them knowing at all. Do I do this regularly? No but I can.

@Thideras:
Actually that's exactly what the system does. Usually on managed systems they force the client PC's to trust a certificate signed by the filtering provider, and from there the filtering server/service performs a MITM to scan the traffic. Also on a more rudimentary basis you can usually guess what the server is by looking at the IP header, which is not encrypted via SSL/TLS.

Just to throw it out there, at work, we install an agent (Kaseya) on all of our managed services clients at work. The agent runs in the background and there is an option to keep it hidden from the end user. I can look at someone's computer without them knowing at all. Do I do this regularly? No but I can.

off topic, is it free? how is it compared to say Spectre 360?

off topic, is it free? how is it compared to say Spectre 360?

Kaseya is not free, I do know that. :) I am not sure of how much it costs but they don't provide listings of cost; just a place to get a quote. I haven't really used any other products for remote management and support so I can't really speak to it's abilities compared to any other products.

If you bring your own device and connect it to the company's network, it will be enough. Company's aren't going to buy supercomputers because they're bored.

You can't hide what you do on a company computer. Every basic employee surveillance suite has a program that allows viewing the screen covertly. They can then see everything on your screen, including what you type, read, and even hear. Some even turn on the microphone and feed that in.

Back