• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't burn faster than 8x on my 12x burner!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX

I have an ACER 12x8x32 Burner, and for some odd reason, I have never been able to burn at speeds higher than 8x. Whenever I do, I have a buffer under run. I've tried closing everything I possibly could. My hard drive is only 5400 rpm, but that shouldn't affect the speed of CD to CD copies, should it? Help please! It's very annoying.

Using 12X disks?

My Acer is a 12X as well but currently only burns at 10X using NTI CDRW software. Worked fine under Roxio but I had too many other problems with it.

Chances are your computer simply doesn't have the power to process information faster than that. On my pentium2 233, I had a 6x burner, but was only capable of burning mp3s to cd at 4x because of buffer underruns.

Also, most low cost blank cds out there are only rated to burn at 8x. Make sure you have cds that are designed to burn at 12x or 16x.

Back