• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Don't understand about "teams" and making $$?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

livingelf

First off is this all charity? and i hear people talking bout running folding 'under' them, how do you do this and wut's this all about. I know seti has $$ if you find out about extra-terrestrial, wut bout folding? i'll run it either way but would like to know wut team number i should use, and if their is a way to run it for myself if their is some benefit to doing so. BTW i'm at 133 frames =)

We are Team 32. We can use all the help we can get.

I'm not sure if there is any money given out because there is no one specific goal. This program helps the entire human race. When you get older, this could have directly helped in stopping some disease that might effect you and that is better than any amount of money.

livingelf said:
First off is this all charity? and i hear people talking bout running folding 'under' them, how do you do this and wut's this all about. I know seti has $$ if you find out about extra-terrestrial, wut bout folding? i'll run it either way but would like to know wut team number i should use, and if their is a way to run it for myself if their is some benefit to doing so. BTW i'm at 133 frames =)

this program is funded by stanford university which has teh uber (4$4

buer 4$4? hehe well i saw someone offering free stuff for folding under him, and i also remember someone saying bout offsetting the electricity bill by running this program, BTW i chose folding over SETI cuss i would rather work on helping cancers than finding extra-terrestrials, and like i said i will run it either way, but if their is $$ to gain i want to make sure i'm not giving it to someone else by folding for them.

No, there is no money to be made. Some people have offered "prizes" to try to get people to fold under their Username, so that they can move up in the points standing. You do earn points for each WU (work unit) you turn in, but the points have $0 value. The points only allow you to see how much you have contributed, and to make it more fun to compete with others.

There are sub-teams, which are made up of groups of people working together under the same Username (such as OC3D and For_Those_We_Lost), but still folding for our Team (Team 32).

livingelf said:
buer 4$4? hehe well i saw someone offering free stuff for folding under him,

I assume you are talking about me. nope, nothing to gain as an individual (which is why it is so hard to convince your friends to fold for you). I was just looking for a creative way to get rid of some perfectly good stuff that I have sitting around.

lol ok, well right now i'm folding for team 0, so how do i change it? and btw i saw wut you offer and you couldn't give that stuff away! JK ;)

console:rolleyes: umm i could restart it, but then all my things are gone i have like 150 frames.

if you're using the console version, you can either make a shortcut the the program itself and then right click on the shortcut go into properties and add -config after the quotation mark in the target line. Or you could control C to kill it, if you have it running and go into the Folding folder, look for the Config file, open it up and edit it. Where it says 0 just change it to 32 save and exit. Start up the console again. By the way you won't lose the work it's doing, what it does is it will start up where it left off.

i tried wut you said i'm not following, i'm just going to reinstall.

Last edited:
no need to reinstall. Just delete the client.cfg file if you do not want to create the shortcut. by the way after each fram of the WU it saves it so you do not lose much if you stop it and restart it.:D

Welcome to the team

You should also click the FAQ link in my sig there is a lot of good info there and if you ever want to chat with fellow overclockers and folders come by the IRC channel the directions are in the last post of the FAQ link:D

Back