• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I HAVE A BONG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

most deaf

i am talking about the water cooler of course, i havent made it yet but i was wondering about having a Y bend with a fan on it blowing in, than above it a 90 degree bend witha hole cut in the to for the hose for the shower head, past that there will be at the end to the bend a fan blowing out, what do you think?

Errr, maybe a drawing would have helped us to better visualize your prototype...

But generally, in any ducting or piping work, bends and sudden expansions or contractions are avoided as they sap energy from the fluid movers (pumps and fans) that could have otherwise gone into moving the fluid.
I think also that the high-humidity air will adversely affect your fan that is at the end.
But otherwise, it seems to me that your bong is a pretty standard and proven design. TIP: If it's short, then sprinkle more water to compensate. Don't use too powerful a fan otherwise you'll lose a lot of water (drift water- visible as mist). Build somekinda baffle or screen at the exhaust to capture the drift water droplets.

I made my bong cooler like the best design I could think of, I don't understand the Y part, if you are going to do what I make out of your explanation you will have the tallest part of the tower under 22.5 degrees angle. I shouldn't do this because a cooling tower loses its effect if the water flows down at the side of the tube, the water should fall, not flow. For this reason it's also recomended that you make the inner diameter of the bong cooler large enough.
Hope this helps, and if I am mistaken about your intentions, just forget about it. :)

A "Y" will work fine. If you place a screen on the top to catch the sprites, the more airflow the better. You can feel the exhaust plume 18"s above the top of my cooling tower.

Do you have a pic or a schematic, because I still don't get it and I'm starting to feel real stupid right now... :(

i was thinking about putting a few rings of brilo stuff down it as well, to slow down the water as more will be evaporated then

I've never paid attention to bong threads, for ovbious reasons. For some reason I looked at ths one. Now I'm wanting to know, what the hell they do?
Any links to a site or something with more info? Thanky

How do u cool a machine from looking at the pic there?

Paiynn (Aug 01, 2001 03:22 p.m.):
I've never paid attention to bong threads, for ovbious reasons. For some reason I looked at ths one. Now I'm wanting to know, what the hell they do?
Any links to a site or something with more info? Thanky

How do u cool a machine from looking at the pic there?
go to http://www.overclockers.com/articles389/, it coverc how to make one and what they are used for, but it does not say how it works, it uses evaporative cooling, when a liquid evaporates off, it leaves the surface slightly cooler, all this in the bong cooler is making the water evaporate

nevermind, my post had the exact same link and very similar wording to most deaf's post above.

Back