• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a problem with Coolbits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dannyg_187

ok i followed the procedure, like navigating to 'NVTweak' and then created a DWORD 'Coolbits' and then changed its value to '3' and then rebooted but still my 'additional properties' button in nvidia properties is still inaccessible. Can someone please help me... i dont know what ive done wrong and i really want to tweak my video card, its a GF4 MX440-SE 64mb.

I have used Coolbits in the past with that reg string. I think Nvidia changed the values for it a few driver sets ago. I currently use NvHardpage. NvHardpage has Coolbits embedded in it and you can turn it on or off. I have heard that Rivatuner is good too but have never used it. You can get either prog over at The Guru of 3D . :)

i used to use coolbits and i changed to rivatuner because coolbits said that my video card failed overclocking tests. WIth rivatuner, ive gone way past what i could with coolbits, and it passes every test and there are no artifacts. I dont like coolbits at all because the test is way too sensitive for me.

Back