• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just killed a BAD kitty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I havent had any issues, I think it really depends on the applications you run... do they support snow leopard or not...

I'm an apple noob and I am enjoying my Macbook Pro more than my Windows 7 box. Just plain easier to get around and do the everyday things I want to. Gaming isn't horrible either, but then I have the 8600GT card in the macbook pro, which isnt bad for gaming (plays warhammer online, but doesnt like melee fights).

lol, so I just checked and I'm not running snow leopard, I'm running leopard :shrug:. I would have thought that apple would have had it upgraded, but I guess not.

So, should I not upgrade to snow leopard

I have had a good experience with Snow Leopard, however depending on how you use your Mac you might not notice a difference between SL and Leopard.

My wife and I both have the exact same Mac Book Pro that our respective jobs have provided us. I am running Snow Leopard while she is running Leopard. When at home we just use what ever Mac is lying around, and I often forget which Mac is which.

Sorry to hear that snow leopard treated you so badly. What specifically did it for you? I switched to my PC as my main rig because all of sudden iTunes on my mac refused to load music in a timely manner. Sometimes it took minutes for the music to play. After making sure my external wasnt the problem, I ran diagnostics on the mac and I cant seem to find any hardware thats malfunctioning... so I had to place blame on the software. Enter Windows 7.

It was fine when I first installed Snow Leopard but when 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 came out stuff started breaking at random like my VNC server going haywire for no reason, safari refusing to launch, getting the beachball when doing simple tasks, file transfers started slowing down. The thing is the would randomly appear, then go away for a while and randomly come back again just at the most inopportune times.

Hum, i have had my macbook pro for almost a year now, upgraded to snow when it first came out. And i have had no problems. I have not turned it off in a month now. i have the 2.4duo 4gb of ram and the 8600m GT. Itunes has never ran better for me, i used to get the ball onced a day opening itunes. I also like Quick time for the first time, usually just used VLC but since the update Quick time has turned to my primary player. I love this think best laptop I have ever owned. I usually have VM's going when at work, never see a slow down on it. I have pretty much abandoned my desktop since i got this beautiful machine. Power managnment is better then any other laptop i have used, ill get done browsing tonight close the lid wake up in the morning and still have a lot of battery left. FudgeNuggets how old is the mac?

Hum, i have had my macbook pro for almost a year now, upgraded to snow when it first came out. And i have had no problems. I have not turned it off in a month now. i have the 2.4duo 4gb of ram and the 8600m GT. Itunes has never ran better for me, i used to get the ball onced a day opening itunes. I also like Quick time for the first time, usually just used VLC but since the update Quick time has turned to my primary player. I love this think best laptop I have ever owned. I usually have VM's going when at work, never see a slow down on it. I have pretty much abandoned my desktop since i got this beautiful machine. Power managnment is better then any other laptop i have used, ill get done browsing tonight close the lid wake up in the morning and still have a lot of battery left. FudgeNuggets how old is the mac?

It's a 2006 model. It was originally a 60GB Core Solo but I upgraded it to a Core2Duo and a 60GB SSD.

Back