• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 Max 3-ONBOARD Sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

patrickh222

Registered
Im not sure whether or not this is the right place to start but here it goes. I just built my computer (below). So far everythings been working great up until a few days ago. When Im running my winamp sometimes my sound just stops. Everythign goes. But then depending it strangely starts up again. Same thing occurs when I play Warcraft 3. Im well into a multiplayer game and then, the sounds just goes, and comes back on 10-20-30 minutes. I recently uninstalled the AC97 drivers and installed new ones from the Realtek website but the problem is still there. If anyone could give me some tips if its a problem with my sound card/speakers maybe or anything else they might think. Thanks!

P4 3.0 GHZ (C)
ABIT IC7 MAX 3
GEIL VALUE 512MB PC3200

i've also ran into problems with my sound just plain stopping. I have to restart in order to get the sound to come back. I still have yet to come up with a solution.

I think I've figured out what the problem is. Its the overclock. After I went down to normal 3.0 GHZ from 3.3, the sound worked perfectly.

Back