• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE / Opera help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maiof

hey all... my wife uses IE and i use opera.... i noticed that when she sends attachments through hotmail in IE it freezes like 90% of the time... well, i use opera and it NEVER freezes on me when i send attachments through hotmail..
i've updated IE and tried everything.....
any suggestions??

thanks,

Is this the only pc you have, or do you have his/her pc's? Maybe clearing cache/history/cookies on IE might help. If you have seperate pc's, does IE freeze on yours? Maybe this would be a good time to switch her to Opera. Prolly won't take her long to like it vs. IE

we have onePC right now... with XP on it... 2 seperate accounts....

i tried sending an attachment in IE this morning and it froze on me.... so ti'm thinking it's IE.... but it never did this before....

It does sound like IE then. You could run adaware and spybot to see if that would help. There is a lot of crap out there that can 'break' IE.

i run BulletProofSoft's "Spyware Remover" almost every other night...... but still no luck.... i'm ready to throw this box out the window..... but i live in a one story house :-(

well, i agree, sounds like its time to "convert" her to opera, lol. might be hard though, my mom refuses to use it or admit that its better. i just broke IE on my computer now whenever someone wants to use it, they slowly begin to like it. my evil plan to convert everyone to opera is working! YES! MWUAHAAAHAA :D

It does surprise me that IE would have trouble with hotmail though... lol. You might want to try running more than just one anti-spyware program (like do spybot and ad-aware also- both free) sice some catch things other don't and visa versa.

But switching to Opera with her is a great idea none the less (maybe even firebird for the both of you, its much better IMO).

*bump*

also... is there any way to compleatly remove IE then reinstall it ??
i did the trick where you go into regedit and tell it it's not installed and it reinstalls it..... and it didnt work... is there anyother way please??

thank you all,
maiof

Back