• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IGN Give HAZE 4.5/10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/875/875229p1.html

I didn't like the looks of it in the 1st place but some people are different

We should pair this review with Rainless's comments that Haze "makes Crysis looks like garbage."

In all seriousness this should come as no shock. There was a bit of hype for Haze, then things died down and the game released very, very quietly. This is another exclusive that the PS3 can keep.

Anyhow, I just hope some decent releases [besides MGS4] are on the way. Give me less hype-fest titles and more games like Uncharted and R&C.

deception``

We should pair this review with Rainless's comments that Haze "makes Crysis looks like garbage."

In``

Sorry Junior...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=560215
rainless;5632621 I'm what you would call "A Boundless Skeptic Without Peer." When I heard about why Haze was delayed said:
bookmarked[/B] to prove it... everybody thought I was crazy and that there was "No way!" COD4 would be more successful).

I already called this one before that review even came out... Better luck next time. :beer:

Just cuz the game sux doesnt mean it wont be a hit.

I would not count out all those PS3 players who are desperate for something decent to play while they wait for the actual good games to come.

Side note: If IGN gives it that low of a score, you know its bad. They usually are way to generous on their reviews.

Last edited:
Better luck next time. :beer:

I'll take that bet and raise you fifty:

Original Thread

From The Horses's Mouth said:
While not TECHNICALLY superior I think it makes Crysis look like garbage.

From The Horses's Mouth said:
Well the trees aren't rendered thread by thread like they are in Crysis...but it LOOKS better.

And let's compare that to:

IGN Review said:
That being said, you are going to have to put up with some extremely weak visuals within Haze. There is a litany of problems with the game, from the odd warping of allied soldiers that blink into view suddenly at arbitrary checkpoints to poor texture work. Many of the environmental textures are generic and weak, and you'll frequently see seams or tearing constantly pop up within the game, which distracts from the action onscreen.

Besides, thanks to the magic of reading, we learn that my comments had exactly nothing to do with Haze and any [potential] commercial success...only its visuals. :)

Ninja Quote :sn:

Thread Winner for the Day said:
Side note: If IGN gives it that low of a score, you know its bad. They usually are way to generous on their reviews.

deception``

Last edited:
They can still strike pretty hard with GT 5 (non demo), Little Big Planet (if not pushed back again) and Final Fantasy (if not pushed back again). I'm sure I'm forgetting some FPS or two that I don't care about as well.

They can still strike pretty hard with GT 5 (non demo), Little Big Planet (if not pushed back again) and Final Fantasy (if not pushed back again). I'm sure I'm forgetting some FPS or two that I don't care about as well.

I'm actually pretty disappointed that there have been no major announcements of solid RPG/JRPGs on the PS3. The only exlcusive thing I can recall is FF 13 which is a 2009 title. It's pretty ironic that the 360 has been the RPG console of choice.

deception``

I'll take that bet and raise you fifty:

Original Thread

And let's compare that to:

Besides, thanks to the magic of reading, we learn that my comments had exactly nothing to do with Haze and any [potential] commercial success...only its visuals. :)

Ninja Quote :sn:

deception``

The hell with IGN. We learn through the magic of reading that you haven't even played the damned demo and don't have a frame of reference and are actually talking out of you... well you get the point. :p

I still say the forrest in Haze looks better than the forrest in Crysis... because it does. If you want to download the FREE DEMO and beg the differ... be my guest.

@IR1- Do you even HAVE a video game system? How bout a computer? Matter of fact... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!? :)

You know I do... not sure where you are going with half the comments directed at me.... at least I make sense with my incoherent rambelings.

You know I do... not sure where you are going with half the comments directed at me.... at least I make sense with my incoherent rambelings.

Half?!? I saved one line for you at the end. :) (And yes... I know what you meant... ;) )

I'm actually pretty disappointed that there have been no major announcements of solid RPG/JRPGs on the PS3. The only exlcusive thing I can recall is FF 13 which is a 2009 title. It's pretty ironic that the 360 has been the RPG console of choice.

deception``

The only RPG's I know about are FF13 and SEGA's Valkarie Chronicles thats it there's also Folklore there only 3 that I know of. FF13 When I get the chance to pre-order I will for VC I need to see more on that 1st hopefully it'll be good.

Nice. Another sub-par Sony-exclusive "Halo/COD Killer" bites it. From the start, that game's aethetic looked strait out of the 1980's... reminded me of the old school Lazer Tag. :p

Last edited:
Looks like the game scored pretty high after all:

2r6fjw8.gif.jpg

It doesn't surprise me it scored high for visuals. ;)

I only played the demo... so I can't judge it as a whole. I just don't think it's going to be a big seller... coming so soon after GTA IV and whatnot. The next big seller is going to be MGS4.

Just cuz the game sux doesnt mean it wont be a hit.

True, I mean look at Halo 2 and 3.

I second the screwing of IGN. Them, and along with every other major reviewer, are crap and if you follow them on what to buy, I pity you.
You guys are taking the word of a website, WITHOUT EVEN PLAYING THE GAME, and saying how terrible it is. Next time, try and reserve judgement until you have played it... but I won't hold my breath.

I can't help but find some laughter in this... if/when it comes to 360, it will be a different story, amirite? Suddenly the game won't be so bad. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nice. Another sub-par Sony-exclusive "Halo/COD Killer" bites it.

Right... tell me again where this was supposed to be a Halo/CoD killer?

People always make the assumption that because a game is trying to do something good, different, or better, its supposed to be a "killer". Fail.

People don't always label stuff a HALO killer... but come on its obvious! The games title starts with an H and is 4 letters long... it just screams HALO want to be. I think im going to start calling this game HazeLo. AMIRITE!!?

Now while I do not take game reviews to be the final word, I belive the opinions on this board are much more valuable, when IGN gives you a bad score... there has to be something to it. They hand out 8's and 9's like they be snicker bars on Halloween.

People don't always label stuff a HALO killer... but come on its obvious! The games title starts with an H and is 4 letters long... it just screams HALO want to be. I think im going to start calling this game HazeLo. AMIRITE!!?

Now while I do not take game reviews to be the final word, I belive the opinions on this board are much more valuable, when IGN gives you a bad score... there has to be something to it. They hand out 8's and 9's like they be snicker bars on Halloween.

Could be Political. Some other magazine gave it 9s and 10s. We'll see what gamespot and EGM have to say about it.

I don't think Haze is a Halo ripoff at all... It's a melting pot of every bad idea ever put into an FPS... including Crysis... ESPECIALLY Crisis. I haven't even heard anybody (besides you) compare it to Halo.

They certainly haven't mentioned anything like that in the reviews...

Back