• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm hooked on WOW O_O

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, seems some of you guys have problem with this game :shrug:

I'm not looking to surrender my life to a game. I play few days a week to pass time when I'm at home not doing anything and since football season is over quicker the time passes the better.

Anyways I checked out wow.allakhazam.com and they seem to have a lot of good stuff that could help, thanx.

OcX said:
Jame's Alliance Leveling Guide, on wow-pro.com, was by far the best I ever used when I was leveling 30-60. Step-by-step doesn't even begin to describe how extensive the guides are. And you will level fast!

Jame's Alliance Leveling Guide

Jame's Horde Leveling Guide

I used it alot, and its well done, but you dont feel like you are being led around by the nose.

As for WoW being bad and evil? Nay, its all about how much you try to commit yourself. Right now, I have no quams about spending 10-14hrs a day at it. But thats because I am in between jobs, and waiting on news from new ones.

But other people might have problems with it. If they do, I suggest they get help asap. Lol

As for some beginner tips? Go to horde, by far much more n00b friendly ;)

Also a mage is a very good choice, they are very clearcut as to what they do, what they need to do in parties, and also what is needed to done when soloing.

I play a shaman...... LMAO The biggest PITA class in the game, but at the same time, can be the most rewarding.

Oh, and save your money, loot all, sell all is my motto. Because you will need 90gold at level 40 to buy your mount. And you will want it, trust me lol :p

I have to LOL at 90g for a mount... Epic flying mount is a little over 5k gold.. ;)

On a side note.. I started playing Diablo 2 LOD again.. I forgot how much fun it was...

I think the warning is because most of us started playing "off and on" then we became hooked like junkies. It is now out goal to stop this from happening to new people

The Epic Flying mount is actually 6,000g.

800g Non-Epic Riding Lessons
5,000g Epic Riding Lessons (Requires Non-Epic to Be Purchased First)
200g for the Actual Mount.
(This is assuming you already "know" the Epic Land Mount Lessons)

I was fortunate enough to have all the gold when I hit 70, so I never had to experience the 60% Flying Mount. And it was worth every penny. For the first month of the Expansion I estimate less then 10% had the Epic Mount.

As a Gatherer, Mining + Herbalism, I could completely dominate a zone of every herb and vein there was for hours on end. Adamantite Ore, and Terocone were the Biggest Money makers for my realm. 20g and 35g, respectively, per stack and sell under 12 hours.
----------------------

With regards to Lending Players Gold for Epic Mounts:

1. Do not Lend out Gold you are not prepared to ever see paid back.
2. See 1

RedDragonXXX said:
That's a lot of gold, I had no idea it was that much.

I guess I better start saving.

The good thing though, once you hit the outlands, you make A TON! Just doing quests and killing things, I make around 100-150g, if I work the auction house, I can make upwards of over 300-500g :D

Just focus on your regular land mount, and dont worry :p

Also, those green items? Try to sell them on the AH. And if you are going to do that, get an essential tool, called Auctioneer. I get it from www.curse-gaming.com Hit me up on AIM if you need help with that. :D

RedDragonXXX said:
Hey shard do you have MSN, since that's all I have here at work?

Sadly no. Well not sadly, just no ;)

If you want you can create a char over here on the Exodar server, and I will be more then glad to help out ;)

For professions, most people pick 1 production skill (Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring, Enchanting, Jewelcrafting, Alchemy, or Engineering) and 1 gathering skill that is associated with their production skill. This makes a lot of sense generally, but the interesting thing is that it is amazing how little benefit there is from any production skill versus the time, money, and effort required to advance it and even produce from it.

Production skills are not profitable. The end products almost always sell for less than the value of the materials required. Massive amounts of valuable materials are typically wasted just to advance skill level. Tons of money spent to aquire plans. Much time and effort...

Gathering skills are a boon. They take no special effort to advance and just the typical training fees.

Take two gathering skills... (be careful combining herbalism with mining...only one tracker can be used at a time.) Gather everything you see and sell it all in the AH cheaper than anyone else for the most part so that it sells easily. Watch your wallet explode with gold... :)

And, if you really do want something from a production skill...potions, sharpening stones, armor, enchants, etc... Just go ahead and buy what you would have otherwise produced (most people actually produce very little for themselves) and you'll still come out way ahead.

The problem is just that there are too many producers and not enough gatherers...server economies reflect that in pricing powerfully. So, there's a huge opportunity to "cash in" and be a gatherer.

shard said:
Sadly no. Well not sadly, just no ;)

If you want you can create a char over here on the Exodar server, and I will be more then glad to help out ;)

I let you know when I do, thanx.

Last night so guy that was lv70 was nice enough to walk us through VS dungeon and I got all kinds of cool stuff which I was able to sell and upgrade. That's one thing that actually surprised me about this game, people are MUCH nicer then I expected to.

What sever are you on?

I play Horde on Twisting Nether (RP-PVP).

I generally don't get to put very much time into the game...I've been playing for about 6 months and still only have a 59 and I think a 28. I don't try to rush through the game, either...generally spend a lot of time in BG's and stuff.

RedDragonXXX said:
I let you know when I do, thanx.

Last night so guy that was lv70 was nice enough to walk us through VS dungeon and I got all kinds of cool stuff which I was able to sell and upgrade. That's one thing that actually surprised me about this game, people are MUCH nicer then I expected to.

Yup, on average you get nicer people then complete idiots.

But your margin for idiocy still exists :p

For instances, Blood Elves...... Nuff said. The single biggest pain in my *** on the horde. (OMFG BE's ARE TEH HOTTTEST!!!!1!1!) That the paladin complex that is going through the horde right now. I much rather ditch the pally in favor of a WARRIOR WHO CAN ACTUALLY TANK AND KEEP AGRO!

Bah enough of my complaining lol.

John G I can't recall which server I'm on but I'll let you know soon as I find out.

I hate PvP so I stay away from those servers.

So much for keeping him away from WoW, you guys are feeding him all the knowledge of the internet!

Back