• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing the WBK38

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZeroAquaduct

I have a Global WIN WBK38 HSF. I find it very hard to install this HSF because the clip is very tight. I read on Gloabl WIN's web site that I should use a flat-head screwdriver -- I still find it hard to install. Anyone have any suggestions on how to install this HSF? Thanks!

Although I've never installed a WBK38, I have installed a CAK38. I'm assuming they're similar. I prefer to use a nutdriver instead of a screwdriver. Just find one that'll slip over the clip, but not be too large. It gives me a sense of security, as it's almost impossible for the nutdriver to slip off. Hope it helps!

I've got that HS and I used the largest screw driver from my precision screw driver kit. Makes a nice fit in the slot on the HS. After 1 year of that damn Delta whining I'm switching over to WATER!

Thanks for the replies. I used a medium-sized flat head and it kept slipping off. I guess I better get a hold of a something larger or a nutdriver. Hmm, if I knew that WBK38 is so hard to install, I would've gotten something else! :mad:

I ran my CAK38 for about a year, and had it off a couple of times while I was playing around with cooling Ideas. I never realized how bad the clip was until I installed my new HHC-001. It's clip is pure heaven to use!. I'll always use it as a comparison for other clips.

Back