• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Intel Haswell i7 4770K & i5 4670K Results Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see but that next step may just be too much, at 85 you're getting close to the ceiling but you may be able tto squeeze a bit out of it. If you want some help getting it up a bit, I would suggest starting your own thread in the Intel section. You'll get more help that way.
PS> welcome to OCF Delta

Hello all, I decided to leave the folding forum and welcome thread for once! :cool:

Anyways, I've got my 4670k at 4.3Ghz (all 4 cores) at 1.27v. It could go lower (Maybe 1.25) but it is ok for now. I've been keeping it under 70c during gaming so that way the summer months don't get to me. It also might be gaming only stable as I don't use AVX so I just looped cinebench and 3dmark over and over. ;) My heatsink stays super cool so I think it wants a delid, but I have no more money to put into this chip. :| If it dies I have nowhere to go.

DioL503.jpg

4770K results

4.6 4c8t 24/7 on a TT Water2.0 Extreme AIO

5.8 4c8t on cold

6.2 1c2t on cold

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi everyone!

What programs are you use to check cpu stability?

Until I used Linx 0.6.5(avx) and prime95 27.9.
These programs are give +100mV under stresstest in adaptive mode.
If i set to override mode the programs are not give +100mV,working on the adjusted Voltage,but sometimes crash or make bsod.

When i use x264 hd encoder i set 1,220-1,225V in BIOS and 4,5Ghz,its works fine under windows from 1,232V to 1,240V.
But if i want to stresstesting with linx or prime i need to give more voltage in bios.
for linx 1,24V its working on 1,256V in windows
for prime i give 1,25V but the program make bsod after 4hours in blend test.
I really dont understand. I can gaming and encoding with 1,24V under load in bios,but not stable in these programs.

I have MSI Z87 G43 board, 4670K cpuwith Noctua NH-D14 ,teamgroup zeus 1600Mhz ram(2x4GB),adata xpg sx900 128G SSD,wdc black 1TB Fzex,bequiet system power 7 400W PSU,asus r7 260X dc2oc 2gb ddr5

Whats wrong?

***I forgot to write: My cpu is deledded(liquid ultra under ihs,arctic mx2 on the ihs) and the higher core temps around 75-80 degrees under linx load.1,256V in windows

Last edited:
My guess is the programs you are running does not stress the CPU as much as LinX and Prime hence it needs a touch more of core.

Is this running stock ? if so it should run anything at factory deaults ?

I'm going to post an AIDA SS tomorrow. Currently running at 4.7GHz, 1.295V i5 4670K

• ASUS MAXIMUS HERO
  • COOLERMASTER 240L AIO
  • CORSAIR 200R
  • ANTEC HCP-M 850W

Rolling the dice on voltage. [email protected] (gif IQ is pretty bad because the png image was too large)
View attachment 144439

Looking at the results, it looks like either I have a slightly better than average chip, or I'm stupid to run it at such a high VCore. :D

Last edited:
Temps are the determining factor, not core

takes me around 1.42v for 4.6 Ghz and my AIO keeps it in the 70's

@ 4.8 GHz & 1.45v it goes into the 80's which is fine for benching and what not, but run it at 4.6 for 24/7 operation

AIDA puts mine into the 78-83 region at 4.8 GHz, I'm going to retest to see what normal usage and gaming does. Thus far I'm not doing anything CPU intensive.

Truth be told, nobody knows where things start to degrade and go downhill. That said, I would think that .3v+ over stock, regardless of (ambient cooled) temps is disconcerting to me. I wouldn't go over 1.35v for 24/7 personally.

Full disclosure though, that is a guy feeling only.

More like 4.5GHz 1.35V is average .

Its where im sitting.

Running a dual rad with 1 fan lol

Crashes in games because the new ACX fans end up overpowering my rad fan dumping heat right on the rad.

Im getting the refernce cooler and new vid cards, and a few more fans and ill be set at 4.5 with 1.35v 24/7

Its where im sitting.

Running a dual rad with 1 fan lol

Crashes in games because the new ACX fans end up overpowering my rad fan dumping heat right on the rad.

Im getting the refernce cooler and new vid cards, and a few more fans and ill be set at 4.5 with 1.35v 24/7

What is your CPU temp under load.

Welp definitely didn't win the chip lottery this time. 4.3GHz @ 1.265V. Temps are already getting pretty high on air, and I couldn't seem to hit 4.4 no matter what. wah wah

I don't think that my cpu is that bad, I don't have it under custom water, ore anything, just under a h105, benchmark at 4.9ghz for a i5 4670k is not bad.

4.6ghz 1.2v stable, but I am at 4.5ghz 1.170v for 24/7

blackhole4670kop49ghz_zpsc2cc7ce0.png

Back