• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ipod anyone!!!! ($200-$300)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes. your music is stored in a hidden folder.

just put your junk in the main directory ( i:\ )

my ipod is drive i on my system :D

Sad little turn of events...no pun intended :D

my breaks decided to start grinding...looks like the ipod'll have to wait a few weeks. No biggy

Maxvla said:
my brakes grind all the time :(

they do that when they are brand new too.

well considering i have hardly any more room to push the pedal and they just started grinding...i'm gonna go out on a limb and say they a just about warn out :D

So all this talk got me looking around for these jobbers. And I struck gold. Got an open box 10 G for $180+tax @ Target! It's charging now... Can't wait to fire her up!

cack01 you're right--the quality of this thing is top notch. One thing apple can do is make something neat. Now if they could make it a bit more affordable... I mean honestly... I still feel like I kind of got screwed even though I paid more than half off! Now I have no excuse not to exercise though... ;)

sounds great! let us know what you think of it. i think its got great sound quality even pushing my high impedance Sennheiser HD580s :)

So I have started using this thing and I have to say it really lives up to my expectations. It's pretty, it sounds great, it's fast, and it's just plain nifty. I don't much like the musicmatch software it comes with. It's pretty clunky and doesn't lend itself to easy ripping of my CD's. I'd much prefer Windows Media 9 or something else. Anyhow, I am slowly converting my stuff to .mp3.

I thought you 'youngsters' would get a kick out of some of my music--it includes Steely Dan, the original motion picture soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever, and James Taylor's Greatest Hits. I've got some newer stuff too, like Radiohead, Garbage, and Bjork.

Good purchase, IMHO. I kind of like the belt clip that came with it, too. Seems to protect very well. The remote is neat--reminds me of the remotes similar to it which have been popular in Japan for years.

BTW, I did find that the iPod uses a proprietary hard drive which is smaller than regular laptop hard drives. And I can indeed hear it spinning, writing, etc if I put my ear to it. The battery charging is a stroke of GENIUS--along with the 10 hour/no battery memory technology.

How do I keep fingerprints off this thing?!

can't keep the fingerprints off... but they wipe off easy anyways.

as far as music match... toast that POS and install Ephpod. its what i use. easy and fast.

should be easy to find with a simple google search.

Back