• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ipod anyone!!!! ($200-$300)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i would have but firewire blows monkey poo

im not going to get a firewire card and stuff just to do this

ill wait till mac comes to there senes and makes a usb one

Crash893 said:

they already do :confused:

Crash893 said:

lol, i dont understand your beef with firewire....

a whole 8mb per second....wow

timmyqwest said:

lol, i dont understand your beef with firewire....

a whole 8mb per second....wow
Yeah, and its actually better than USB2.0 in that it uses Less cpu power to operate and has a higher Sustained (not burst) Transfer rate.

for beef with firewire go here = http://forum.oc-
forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=194979

i dont want to hijack this thread anymore

Just to tell you guys... and continue with the thread hijack;)..

I was amazed at the speed of firewire. It must've transfered 200 or so songs in around 20 seconds. I clicked "sync" looked away for a few seconds, and looked back. I thought there was an error or something, I couldn't believe it.

Even if it isn't the fastest, its definitely fast enough, unless you're transfering 2000+ songs at a time.:rolleyes:

-CPFitz-

CPFitz14 said:
Just to tell you guys... and continue with the thread hijack;)..

I was amazed at the speed of firewire. It must've transfered 200 or so songs in around 20 seconds. I clicked "sync" looked away for a few seconds, and looked back. I thought there was an error or something, I couldn't believe it.

Even if it isn't the fastest, its definitely fast enough, unless you're transfering 2000+ songs at a time.:rolleyes:

-CPFitz-

USB 2.0 is only 8MB faster...but...it IS still faster

Highjack the thread all you want, move it infact...the deal is most likely over

you guys should argue on equal terms.

USB1.1 (12mbit/s) is similar generation as regular firewire (400mbit/s)

USB2.0 (480mbit/s) is similar generation as the new firewire 1394b (800mbit/s)

But.. Firewire costs more b/c apple want $$

Its kinda like a AMD vs. Intel thing. One is alittle bit faster, but yet it costs more. So the real question is which one gives the best cost/performance ratio. :)

BigRed said:

Thats the burst transfer speed. Firewire has a higher sustained transfer speed. Not to mention it uses less cpu power :)

becuase you have to buy a extra pci card to power it

BigRed said:

The SB audigy also has a firewire port built into it, But its not as fast as a standalone card.
yes i know. thats what i'm using :)

i get about 8mb/s using it. i would get faster speeds with onboard or a standalone card.

Just got my Ipod today, now I can sctually use the firewire on my audigy.

I love this thing its output quality is topnotch.

Special thanks to Mazvla on how posting how to convert MAcs to winPODS. If anybody want to try to get a cheap IPOD, I would bid on the mac IPODS on ebay. Seems like noone knows you can convert them, so a lot of them are not being bid on.

i went to bestbuy today and they had a 15g ipod for $200 (open box). i almost spent all my book $ for it, but showed some restraint and went to the book store.

OSUmaxx said:
Does converting from Mac --> PC void the warranty?
possibly.

thats why i got the bestbuy warranty they said they would replace it for any reason.

cack01 said:
I heard that its possible to use the IPOD's drive like a nromal drive, I see windows recognizes it, has anyone tried this.

I would be surprised if you COULDN'T. My crappy RioOne lets me do this, so I'd think the almighty uber-iPod would.

Back