• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Grand Theft Auto 5 still worth playing on PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Its $20 on Steam right now..I think that is the cheapest I have seen it. It pops up on my watch list every once in a while.

At that price is it still worth playing? Or should I wait for $14.99 (or lower) Do the graphics and game play hold up compared to say Witcher 3? (I know its Apples to oranges)

Played all the other GTA's (Starting with 3)

Thanks

It's very fun, the graphics have held up well, and online, if you have people to play with (or join a peaceful crew) is a lot of fun. You can easily earn enough cash playing online that you can buy some cool stuff and not worry about buying their in-game currency for real cash. $20 is a bargain.

There have been graphics mods popping up all over YouTube with some very impressive stuff. Dnt know if its payware or freeware. Looked spectacular! I don't own the game, but watched my cousin play it and even with stock graphics, it looks wonderful.

One thing though, its very violent, sir, so if you're still fairly young, perhaps best to avoid. They have torture, bad language and lots of violence. Not the best of influence on good folk.

There have been graphics mods popping up all over YouTube with some very impressive stuff. Dnt know if its payware or freeware. Looked spectacular! I don't own the game, but watched my cousin play it and even with stock graphics, it looks wonderful.

One thing though, its very violent, sir, so if you're still fairly young, perhaps best to avoid. They have torture, bad language and lots of violence. Not the best of influence on good folk.
Thanks:thup: but per OP I played all of them except 5, since 3...and I'm 58(So yes I am fairly young):beer:

But Taco, if I was only 4 when I joined these forums, that would still have made me 18...:shrug:

I play gtaV all the time, we have a some what older crew and we have a ball at it.
load it up with all the graphics mods at it's awesome!!!!!!
well worth the 20 bucks.

Very much worth it even if just for single player and the classic GTA experience of money, hoes and stealing cars, supported by quality dialogue. I personally never touched online to begin with, never missed it either.

20? I think any price 30 and below is more than fine.

Back