• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a game you play "daily"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Funny to see this thread, it has always been RTCW (Return to Castle Wolfenstein) for me for many years during the time I was active on this forum and put this avatar up. That was since the game was released (November 2001) untill the release of World of Warcraft (Februari 2005) when I switched to that game. WoW got boring and I quit during WotLK, since then I have been playing SC2 a lot but that also got boring so now I'm back to daily RTCW once again, playing every day on one of the last remaining servers.

Best game ever made IMHO, by far.

Man RTCW, I was so hooked on that game since the day it came out, I paid almost $100 CDN ($89 before tax) for that game and it was worth every penny and the custom maps and 128 player servers were insane. I haven't found a game since then that was worth the full price except SWG was pretty close before SOE botched it up. BF1942 was good too but was extremely buggy early on which caused me to continue playing RTCW.

Steam was having a deal on FF XIV so I canceled my WoW account and bought it. Really cool game and great graphics, I do have a crappy computer right now though so it is tough to play, really hoping to get a new system soon.

I installed http://www.project1999.com/ last week so I'll probably be playing Everquest again daily for the next.... millennium.

:beer:
Firg I was in beta 2,3,4 of Evercrack and many more after haven't even been gaming much lately.

Don't show me these things, he he.

Just kidding a bit.

Someone was speaking of doing SWG like that back when it was a real game, pre-CURB, and the Jedi's were real instead of handed out. That looked interesting at the time as I had all ready done it but might have bee starting over from a year and a half worth of messing around before Sony destroyed the game in one day.

Why I'll never go near a SOE game again, it was fun, then Sony folded to whiners and ruined it in one day.

The day they did that was almost funny, people left in droves, buff houses abanded, shops disappeared, the idiots had a ton of subscribers that basically said, FU we're oughta here.

I'd like to think the guy behind that brainstorm was fired, but the way things work these days he probably was some dipstick relative to someone and promoted.

Last edited:
I'd like to think the guy behind that brainstorm was fired, but the way things work these days he probably was some dipstick relative to someone and promoted.

One of them committed suicide, but highly doubt that the NGE was the reason, but financial problems.

One of them committed suicide, but highly doubt that the NGE was the reason, but financial problems.
Sad to hear it, but that was a major screw up.

Having people flee from the game in large amounts would cause a bit of a financial problem, as I'm sure they were raking it in Pre CURB.

i spended my whole summer on playing wow (old summers 2 years ago)

it was like this waking 2pm , siting and eating breakfest on my old laptop,

3pm launch, talkin to my stupid brother about wow, going back to wow, sleeping at 3-4am like 12hours wow a day, what a horrible summer, anyway i was kid back then

anyway now i dont have times for games if i ever had i wouldn't be like that :D i used to play tf2 daily and wow daily , only 2 games i played daily !

Back