• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a way to d/l more WU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skou

Is there a way to download additional work units? So we can keep working when servers are down?

I don't like dead time, like yesterday.

steve

skou said:
Is there a way to download additional work units? So we can keep working when servers are down?

I don't like dead time, like yesterday.

steve
Yes there is, you have to have multiple instances of FAH running, you can create 4 seperate folders with the FAH program in each one. Of course the machine will fold 4 times slower, just make sure for each instance, you make the machine ID different, 1 through 4.

Steve, yes and no.. What you have to do is to run multiple instances of the client on each machine & give them different machine IDs. You can run up to 4.. just make sure you start them with the -local switch and have them all in different directories. This should slow down your machine's enough that downtime won't matter all that much unless its extended downtime.

EDIT - /me snaps nikhsub1's doggy snout for answering before him. :)

G - Iwouldn't pick on that dog, if I were you.

Thanks both of you.

steve

nikhsub1 said:
... *****cat ...
lol.gif

I think he meant ( censor dodge ) puddytat.

steve

Read this Vijay has asked that people refrain from running multiple clients in order to have extra work cached.

edited a few time to reword and figured out how to link to the exact post...

Back