• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this OC real?!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ice_man(GT)

GHZ: 3487
Voltage: 1.85
Code: JIUHB
Cooling: Soltek SL-75FRN-L Spire FalconRock II

This is Supposed to be on an AMD Athlon T-bred 1700+. I dont know how or if this is real. But if anyone has a possible explaination for this, i'd LOVE to try getting those speeds on that processor.

Well, I think the poster meant MHz, but still, even at that 3.8GHz on any athlon chip is quite hard to imagine.....especially on the budget that most of us are thinking of putting into a cooling system :)

Where did you find this from?? Please post a link

BTW, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Fold and Frag on
Brian

ahhh, thx for the welcome, yeah, sorry, just rechecked the place and saw it was MHZ, so what would that be?? 3800mhz?? how many ghz wuld that be?? Sorry, im kinda still shady about comps.

LINK

FAKE

There is about a million fake overclocks in that thing.... they really need to do something about it.

I've done a bit of research, and have done a bit of thinking, but here's what i have to say:

I really have not seen any overclocks for an AMD processor break 3ghz (specially on air cooling..)...and if they did then I would be surprised.

There are some people who say they get a 4.4GHz O/C. But hmm...is Kryotech some sort of Phase Change cooling system? If it is then they overclock may be obtainable, but phase change can get really messy, and IIRC, is not cheap, so you might not want to do it. But now that I read a bit on the Kyrotech solution, it is called Vapor Phase which may be a combo of Vapo-chill and Phase change? Or am I wrong and those two are the same thing? lol

But as for the 3.8GHz O/C....I dont believe it. The person touts that the Spire HSF combo they are using is on air cooling. To get to 3800MHz and stay w/in reason...you would need like a 237 clock and a 16X multi, which gets u 8MHz below the 3.8, but is not something that affects it. Its the fact that one, it is on air cooling and 1.90 volts...I dont know how much heat the 1700+'s generate but at 1.90 volts on air, Id be thinking it wouldnt be too close to stable at 237 clock (which would give u a 474MHz FSB) speed. I could be totally wrong and just have my mind set on some of the common sense on Pali's...after all, it was my first CPU and my mind doesn't take stuff it considers invalid in to easily :)

But just that high of settings on air cooling...really sorta makes me wonder..

Fold and Frag on.
Brian

yeah, thought it was a bunch of garbage, but, would getting a 1700+ to 2.5ghz on water cooling be decent?? or is it kinda low? The reason i ask is because soon i want to make a custom water block setup and have it run VERY cold so i can bring the speed up to high amounts without it running horribly hot.

No, you are not wrong. It's not only fake it's completely retarded. This idiot is probably stuck at 2Ghz at stock voltage if that with that piece of crap HSF. If it was possible to get this high on AMD everybody wouldnt be using Intel.. You need Phase Change cooling just to get anywhere near 2.8Ghz. Don't trust anything in that cpu database.. it's so full of fake entries it's not even funny.

2.5 is about where alot of tbred-b chips max out at...Some more, some less. Pretty much the same deal with the bartons as the core is exactly the same except the extra L2 cache.

bubba gump said:
But hmm...is Kryotech some sort of Phase Change cooling system? If it is then they overclock may be obtainable, but phase change can get really messy, and IIRC, is not cheap, so you might not want to do it. But now that I read a bit on the Kyrotech solution, it is called Vapor Phase which may be a combo of Vapo-chill and Phase change?

Kryotech is a phase change system of sorts, I saw a kryotech G2 at the Linux expo in London last year and it was running around the -25 to -30 c although they were claiming that it is capable of doing -40's and lower with tweaks.
I have no idea if the claim in the processor database is valid or not and to be honest I do not care. I can say however that the Kyrotech is seriously cold and seriously expensive and that I saw a 1.4 T-Bird run at speeds that I would not have believed if I had not seen it with my own eyes.

http://www.kryotech.com/

Check out vr zone oc database it's usually more legit then other DBs. They have wcpuid screens and more info. The first 5 pages is all some sort of phase change or extreme cooling :eek:

Last edited:
there are multiple people here to reach 3ghz with an AMD system. i believe all of them have prometia, or vapochill...you would have to have some kind of phase change to keep it stable

yes i agree that you need a phase change, but to get that only on 1.85 vcore??!?!?!

i mean im on 1.725 and i have trouble beliaving my own O/C :eek:

and to get a whole extra 1 ghz farther than me with only .05 more vcore? thats definatly a FAKE!!!!!!!!!!1

Yeah, but you almost need LN2 to get that high.... and people that get that high are not stable at all. Those are just one shot clocks barely stable enough to boot into windows and a take a picture.

I know of a few people that have hit 3 ghz stable using phase change- perfect for everyday usage. You need to get a lucky stepping though, or do some processor swapping. 3.6ghz on the Vr-zone database is the highest for a Barton, done with LN2, and definitely not too stable. The 3.8 is pure bull, as are half of the other "overclocks" there.

I wonder if anyone read the original post where is said:
GHZ: 3487

That, just like Steven4563 says, is not 3.8GHz. But, I imagine that 3GHz is obtainable with the phase change coolers. But, I can only imagine that. A better way to do this would be to get someone with a prommy or vapo to chime in with their anecdote.

-r

Whoops, my apologies. 3.487 would be possible on LN2. There is a tiny likelihood that you could very unstabily boot with it on phase change, but phase change normally tops off at around 3ghz.

Back