• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jumping fences. What do I need to swith from AMD to Intel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Webzta said:
Hey - off topic but i was wondering if you could give me some more info on this as I'm currently deciding whether to go for a 64bit rig (amd) or the new emt pressie. (currently love my p4 rig - but the 64's seem to be coming out on top)

first off i should say i was thouroghly impressed with my a64. the problem for me was that when doing multitasking it just didnt seem to run as smoothly as my prior p4 systems. i noticed it would take a moment or two with regards to loading windows and webpages if i had a movie going in background or was burning a dvd/cd.

its kinda hard to compare the two without buying a amd mobo and cpu to try out which is what i did after hearing about the a64s abilities and like ive mentioned before it was a great cpu i myself just prefered the p4.

Back